If you think IronMan 1:2 is thin look at this...

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Great how a post about a broken statue can turn into a 1/6 Vs Statue thread in the blink of an eye. :lol ;)

The fate of much of industry right now, esp things coming from China; cost cutting across the board.

:lecture

PS - don't buy their drywall either. :banghead

too many middle men involved in business. lawyers to pay, environmentalists to pay, union heads to pay, EEO reps to pay, safety reps to pay, marketers to pay, ITO people to pay.

I guess we've reached the point in this hobby where its time for everyone to make their exit. Quality will no longer be the focus to turn a profit anymore. I guess we can all start to finally save some extra $$$ in our wallets. Im going to start collecting stamps...would could go wrong with those right?

Chris

this is just what the world economy is coming to. reasonable profit margins aren't enough they have to boost prices or lower standards or both. nobody is content with just making a nice return. its milk people dry or don't bother going into business.

It is unreal what is happening to items being sold by Sideshow on their website at higher prices than before are being cheapened to this point while the high end overall prices remain the same or are increasing. It seems they are willing to lose a lot of customers over correcting or reverting back to their old ways.

this is just what the world economy is coming to. reasonable profit margins aren't enough they have to boost prices or lower standards or both. nobody is content with just making a nice return. its milk people dry or don't bother going into business.

There's always Weta.....

too many middle men involved in business. lawyers to pay, environmentalists to pay, union heads to pay, EEO reps to pay, safety reps to pay, marketers to pay, ITO people to pay.

I doubt they pay union heads or enviromentalists in China.

Gotta be a buzzkill, but the official word from Jerry is that Zangief being hollow was a one-time deal because he estimated the price too low and had to compromise on the polystone. He assured us that every other piece after Zangief will be solid.

I don't think Popcultureshock uses the same factory as Sideshow. So, let's not get carried away. It's not a trend, as far as PCS is concerned.

Wow. That is really thin. I never kept statue before but seeing this makes me think twice if I'm keen in getting one.

its EVERYBODY not just Sideshow. Remember when Tonka trucks were made out of metal?

Tonka trucks are not advertised as Museum Quality Collectibles though.. If you are placing Sideshow's products in the same league as your average large volume toy company, then we are all in trouble. Lower your quality and increase your prices will result ina negative trend of losing customers. If that is what Sideshow wants, then another company who wants it more will step up and take over.

Tonka trucks are not advertised as Museum Quality Collectibles though.. If you are placing Sideshow's products in the same league as your average large volume toy company, then we are all in trouble. Lower your quality and increase your prices will result ina negative trend of losing customers. If that is what Sideshow wants, then another company who wants it more will step up and take over.

Well, point is, this piece ISN'T manufactured by Sideshow. So why bring them into it? :dunno

Well, point is, this piece ISN'T manufactured by Sideshow. So why bring them into it? :dunno

Sideshow are the retailer of the piece, hence why they are taking some of the flak. For the record my Zangief has no problems at all.

Back