If you could only get one..

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
The car. Hands down. Chances are the figure will not be tweaked for the better. Plus, it's the coolest Batmobile out there.

The figure. The price tag is already sky high. Couple that with the hypothetical assumption that it will be great, and you're gonna have to spend an arm and a leg to get one. Also, a lot of people wont get it because it's 1/4 scale. Not to mention that they may already have a DX12 and see no reason for it.

I am getting neither, but if I had to choose one I would probably go with the Batmobile. Would be very impressive in-hand I bet. I suspect aftermarket value will also be higher since I don't see the 1/4 scale figures taking off.

batmobile. my friend's tumbler was impressive in hand. this will blow it out of the water

1/4 is not a fad - DKR all the way.

Actually, to those who don't collect it, it is.. Ultimately, anything not 1/6 in a market dominated by 1/6 could reasonably be considered a fad. Not that I agree with it, but i'm just stating a point.

Depends on different factors. Are you a bigger Burton fan or Nolan fan? Do you have the DX 09 Batman? Will HT fix all of their issues with the 1/4th scale Batman? If you don't have Keaton, and they fixed the 1/4th, I'd say go for it, as it'd probably be the definitive Nolan Batman figure at that scale (IF they fixed the issues). If not, get the Batmobile all the way, as I'd never endorse someone to spend almost $500 on the figure as it is now. If you do have Keaton, though, and you have the space, hands down, the Batmobile.

Nolan's Batman wins for me because of TDK but I love the original Burton Batman. I will probably get the Returns HT Keaton as I was too late to get this one at a good price.

I am really new to collecting so I don't think I have the fine eye that some do. It looks great to me though. I have both reserved at this point. I just hope the releases are spaced out enough so I don't have an overdraft fee.

I love 1/4 after buying Enterbay Bats and Joker. 1/6 got me into high-end collectibles, but only 1/4 for me now. Sold almost my entire 1/6th collection. Have HT 1/4 Bats on preorder. Only 1/6th I am keeping is big figures like Monger and Hulk. I also have the original Tumbler.

If you could only buy one, save up and by both.

It seems like you'll have about a month or two between them. Whether that's enough time or not, I'm not sure. As far as the "fine eye" thing goes, I'd hold out for (more in the case of the Batmobile) in-hand pics of both. So far, the Batmobile is the superior piece. While the QS has a lot of potential, the likeness in the faceplates is sorely lacking, he has an inaccurate cowl, and the same "pop" eyes that previous DX Bale Batmen have suffered from, as well as some proportion issues, and an exaggerated chin on the Bale sculpt. However, I say to wait because, in the event that they do fix a lot of, or all of those issues, it might actually be the better bet. Not because it'd be better than the Batmobile, but because it might give you more leeway. Are there any other figures that you're interested? I only ask because, with shipping included, you'd probably pay about as much for the Batmobile alone as you would for the 1/4 scale and another figure of your choosing.

Back