If xm studios gets dc....would you be ok with 1/5 scale???

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

loricstone

Super Freak
Reaction score
F0CK the Shuck up if you know not what you speak!!
So hey, I was thinking about this for a while now. Erick Sosa has his own 1/5 and 1/6 line of kits coming out of DC characters. XM is highly interested in DC. Erick, starting in Nov./Dec. will serve as assistant AD and consultant for XM. I've been putting 2 and 2 together and I am wondering if there has been any negotiating with XM, DC, and Sosa to make 1/5 DC statues of characters that can be distributed worldwide.

Recently, Erick said he increased the size of his Nightwing sculpt (awesome I might add) and then the teaming up with XM. Follow me here, one of the less desirable things about kits is you have to put it together yourself and paint yourself, OR you have someone put it together and paint it for you. That's a lot of money after everything is completed....and I wouldn't find it out of the realm of possibility if everything was worked out....XM would oversee the painting of all SOSA's future DC kits? That way, they will come prepainted.

This is just some kooky conjecture of mine and just kicking some thoughts around. Maybe SOSA has already stated his own Prototypez company is completely separate from XM and has nothing to do with what XM is trying to do with the DC license.

In any case, the ultimate question I want to ask fans of XM is.....would you be ok if XM could only do 1/5 or smaller statues of DC characters? I don't know how 1/4 would work for XM seeing how DC and SS just reupped another extension on their contract. Does that mean XM can't do DC in 1/4 at all? Or does that mean, like Marvel license, they could get the 1/4 DC license but only distribute in other territories OUTSIDE of the US??

What do you all think? 1/5 good enough? 1/4 or pass? I'd be interested in hearing others thoughts on the matter.

For me, I prefer 1/4, BUT, I would be fine with 1/5. My thing is always about consistency. If it starts out at 1/5, it needs to stay 1/5. If it starts out full sculpt, it needs to stay full sculpted. So....let's hear it?

DC in 1/5 or 1/6 scale would be fine with me at Sideshow/Bowen prices, not XM prices. I won't buy any of SOSA's kits no matter how awesome the sculpts are because I don't want an unpainted statue.

I would be fine with 1/5. Sixth Scale I have mixed feelings about. If It is for a character I love then yes I'll get the statue otherwise I reserve that scale for figures.

Normally I don't mind too much about scale. However, after getting the XM Captain America, I would have to say 1/4 scale is my preference. If XM did a 1/4 Supes I can only imagine what they would come up with and I would get it.

DC in 1/5 or 1/6 scale would be fine with me at Sideshow/Bowen prices, not XM prices. I won't buy any of SOSA's kits no matter how awesome the sculpts are because I don't want an unpainted statue.
:goodpost: This is a big factor to consider. I much would prefer a 1/4th, and honestly DC will be a bit more different than XM. Issue with that is they have their DC Collectibles, but I can definitely see them saying no to 1/5(or 6) because they mostly work at those scales at DCC. So pretty much I can see them allowing to ship to the U.S as those kind of competitive situations only boost more sales. Besides let's be honest, SS will probably stick with heavy hitters while XM will do instant sellouts of sleepers like Aquaman, Black Manta, or Zatanna.

Nope, 1/4 is the scale I am focusing on.

1/4 scale statues or go home.

I wouldn't go and say 1/4 or fail, but I would say I'd be about 90% more invested if 1/4.

Yeah I just can't do any scale smaller than 1/4 now. I prefer being more selective and get things that are even bigger to display. So for a few special characters I'm looking at 1/2 now as well...

Regular characters I won't get, but if the do the DC monsters/dark heroes or The Warlord I'm in

1/4 scale or bust…1/4 scale is where its at for statues…simple as that..its become the norm and the standard…and its batman..so yea 1/4 scale

If the got a North American License then I would consider 1/5 pieces if they are comperable to SSC comiquette prices. If the could get a 1/4 NA license that would be my preference.

Let's keep it 1/4. Dont' want 1/4, 1/5, 1/6 messing up the display scale.

Back