IDW's take on Cobra Commander

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
The helmet fangs are a bit weird. But other than that and the lack of a helmet, I could see this as a 'formal' Cobra Commander outfit. Kind of like CCC. It certainly isn't as good as his classic military uniform, but I would have LOVED to have gotten this over the RoC look. This at least is obvious as Cobra Commander with that mirrored mask. RoC still confuses me how they came up with that.

I prefer Larry Hama's take where he had a hood & a wife beater shirt on with some jeans. He was living operating in a crummy apartment where his kid is crying on the floor, while he's yelling at some guys, great stuff.

He looks a little queer, almost Veidtesque from Watchmen. Not that there is anything wrong with that. But I loved the Chuckles mini-series so I'll check them out.

Last edited:
The main thing that bothers me is the weird collar. Other than that it's ok. Still would have preferred his standard helmet and visor or hood look though.

It's fine for a specific context, like at some kind of black tie affair or speaking to the UN or something like that, but if it's anything he'd wear on a campaign it's pure fail.

Not that I care what goes on in the comic, anyway.

Back