Idea for a new Freaks Challange

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Murderofcrows71

Super Freak
Reaction score
I was thinking about all the customs all of us guy are putting on this site to show each other, and realizing how much talent we have here.
We've had alot of people who are or are not working on new custom sculpts for figures that have yet to see the light of day.
My idea is to make a list of possible headsculpts that would be wanted to create custom figures. Nothing that has or will be done soon (Sorry but I have faith Sideshows Indy will rock!), but sculpt that will probably never see the light of day any other way.
When we get a decent list we go about voting for the top 5 or 6 characters to scupt. Then us customizers pick from the list of five or six and have a friendly competition of creating those above said sculpts.
I know most of us have limited abilities in sculpting, but with the talent pooled together I think we can come up with some really cool stuff.
Then we see if we can get someone who has experience recasting (mines limited but possible) and can get individual copies made for a set price, some of which money can go into buying the winner a 1/6 sideshow figure of his or her choice (unless anyone has a better idea for a prize).

Anyway just a thought,
As I'm attempting to sculpt the Hitchhiking ghosts from Disney's Haunted Mansion for 1/6 scale figures.
SO what do the FREAKS think

...this type of challenge really brings out who the true artist is :chew

I think who ever wins should get a:

Box of sculpey or apoxie
Sculpting tools
Paintbrushes
Airbrush supply
paints

Even if the sculpts aren't the greatest I think some of the people who would try, would surprise themselves. I really don't want it to evolve into a "I'm better than you" type thing, just a bunch of freaks working together towards a common goal and then picking the best. Then again, we may have none that are really worth recasting, so the fun factor is the key thing.

I'm willing to donate $2 for the winning price package :rock

..if we get enough people to donate $$ to get a winning pakage, the interest might be increasingly more

My sculpting skills are far less than most but I'm in for buying the produced head if that helps out!!
As for suggestions??
John Saxon - to complete the Bruce Lee/Jim Kelly set.
William Smith - just because he was a 70's bada$$ mutha that can fit into just about any genre.
Sam J Jones - Flash!! Ahhh ah!
Tom Baker - Dr Who
Nathan Fillion - because he's way over due!!

I am not against this, nor do I not want to do it...but after the Zombie challenge if we can! I am so overbooked now, I can't think much beyond what I am doing! :lol
But, if a list is up, and we get something going, I am in! :D
(However I can....IF I can...:lol)

Ole Ironman...:D...I'll back you up on these two...
Got his Saxon in there, and William Smith (I'd make Conan's dad myself!)
And I have seen the other three done by none other than our resident Spencer! He's done a Flash, a Baker Who and has JUST done a Fillion I believe! Go to him for those bro! :rock

But for more, I would consider more Bond guys (and girls! Heck yeah! That gold painted girl for sure! :monkey5 and even one for good old nasty lady Rosa Klebb! Heck yeah!) and more!
And, maybe human/cop forms of Robocop and his sidekicks and villains! A Clarence Boddiker gets my TOP vote! :rock
And...some others...Geoffery Holder with Top hat for Baron Samedi, Yaphet Kotto for Kananga AND our ALIEN favorite, Parker! One head, multi purposes! I will admit, I want a LOT more black characters myself! Roundtree Shaft for sure! Right on!

And more! Don't even get me started! There are so many heads waiting out there! :D

Boddiker would be great... wasn't someone supposed to be working on that? Like a number of these he never seemed to materialize :monkey2

I would totally buy these.

I would totally buy this.

Of course I suck at sculpting so if someone does them, offers them, I'd be happy to send them to Josh. :D

Dude, Zombie Spider-Man could very well be a possibility... just trying to find out whether it will be an upgrade to an existing figure ( i.e Medicom Movie or comic spidey)... or just 100% handmade.

I am thinking it might be the latter if I can just kind of fudge the costume... since it will be bloody and mutilated anyway. Working on the head already, trying to find a way to make this work. :rock

Back