ICO and Shadow of the Colossus HD

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Is this the new trend? Releasing PS2 game in HD compilations with trophies and bam, more money for sony. No wonder they dropped backwards compatibility in later PS3 models...

Don't know if the trend is 'new'. Collected copies of a game series have been done since, I dunno, the 16-bit era? Yeah, even back then.

Some new details about the Ico/SotC Collection from Team Ico:

*Spring 2011 release date
*Both games will be playable in stereoscopic 3D
*Both games will undergo heavy re-texturing and will be refitted into 16:9 aspect ratio
*Both games will run at a rock-solid 30 FPS
*Ico will feature an alternate ending

<object width="853" height="505"><param name="movie" value="https://www.youtube.com/v/fXCn5AwXWXo?fs=1&hl=en_GB&hd=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="https://www.youtube.com/v/fXCn5AwXWXo?fs=1&hl=en_GB&hd=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="853" height="505"></embed></object>

I am so stoked about this. Two of my all time favorite games. I'll just echo what has already been said over an over in this thread...these games are in a class all their own, and I will buy the crap out of them.

I never played either game, so I'm all over this.

I did have a demo for Ico, which I played, and I thought it was great. I never got around to actually buying the game though. Can't wait!

*Both games will undergo heavy re-texturing and will be refitted into 16:9 aspect ratio

SotC running at 30 FPS is the most important news of all. Solid!

:rock :rock Gamestop still doesn't have a specific release date on this. I'll be getting this for sure.

I never played ICO, but to me Shadow of the Colosus was one of the greatest games ever in my opinion. I cant wait to pick this up plus so I can finally play ICO as well.

Think I will be picking this up.
Never played either of the two Games, just never had time too. But can't wait to play SotC, everyone seems to be raving about it despite it's age.

Never played either of the two Games, just never had time too. But can't wait to play SotC, everyone seems to be raving about it despite it's age.

You'll either love it, or hate it. There doesn't seem to be any middle ground when it comes to SotC.

Sidenote: I hope this re-release will give Kotobukiya the kick in the pants it needs to complete the Colossus statue line. They were originally supposed to release statues of all 16 colossi, but only the first one was ever released. And it's gorgeous.

I never played these either, but SotC has been regarded of one of the best PS2 games to be released later in it's lifecycle.

SotC is epic beleive me, when you finally find there location and battle the giants...its freaking breath taking at the scale of these beasts. The environments are epic, and just the time it takes to figure out certain battles and engage in them is just amazing. Im so glad this is happenning.

I just started ICO a few months ago, and like it ok. But SotC is one of the coolest games I've ever played. Everything about it was just fabulous. Does HD mean updated graphics, or just a clearer image of the outdated PS2 graphics?

I just started ICO a few months ago, and like it ok. But SotC is one of the coolest games I've ever played. Everything about it was just fabulous. Does HD mean updated graphics, or just a clearer image of the outdated PS2 graphics?

A little bit of both, in this case.

<object width="853" height="505"><param name="movie" value="https://www.youtube.com/v/fXCn5AwXWXo?fs=1&hl=en_GB&hd=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="https://www.youtube.com/v/fXCn5AwXWXo?fs=1&hl=en_GB&hd=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="853" height="505"></embed></object>

Back