Statue Iceman Comiquette

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Ah this is another 1/5 scale X-MEN beside Angel that I don't think I can pass. I am sure I will order this. Hoping it will be 1/4 but I doubt it.

111011iceman_01.jpg

Looks like they just took the head of silver surfer comiquette and just repainted it.

111011iceman_01.jpg

Looks like they just took the head of silver surfer comiquette and just repainted it.

seeing your pic, i see what you mean. its not the same though. the surfer's head is just a tad too long if you look closely. The trend i've noticed is that Tony Cipriano has trouble sculpting heads sometimes (namor, cyclops EX, Silver surfer) but other times they're perfect (gambit).

why would it be it's a Clmiquette not a PF???

When was there an X-Men Comiquette last in 1/4???

If it's 1/5 you'll guy _____ about it and wait for a PF, which will then have something wrong too just like Collossus and all the bashing of the 1/5 piece will be for nothing

This would look good in my 1/5 X-Men Comiqueete LINE from SSC, if it's not too muchnlike Silver Surfer.

you are over generalizing. 1/4 scale lovers i agree complain a lot more. imo they are justified as SS started out ALMOST exclusively at 1/4 scale and switched up on the collectors. The bashing for the colossus is not about the sculpt or the scale but the poor execution on the fabric. that is also justified.

also some character like venom, silver surfer and iceman can't really be done in mixed media to be called PF. So odds of sideshow doing another iceman in 1/4 scale are slim to none. in the case of iceman, he would melt shortly after they shipped it you if it was PF. :D

Last edited:
This could be really cool...the head looks great (and classic!)...could make a real cool stand-alone piece too.

BB

Looks like 1/5 scale to me, they will probably come up with another 1/4 scale JL one.

I don't know about that Fuzz, this interpretation of Bobby isn't that far from what Jim Lee did. They could have the EX as a change-o-head with hair. :wave

5281938805_27c4d8cc27.jpg

Speaking of which IF this is indeed part of the Jim Lee PF line.
That leaves 6 left.7 if they do a brown Wolvie.

Blue+Gold+X-Men.jpg

Last edited:
He looks really cool and the clear resin cast is a great medium for him. However, he will be 1/5th scale so I will pass and wait for a 1/4th scale Iceman to go with the rest of the 1/4th X-Men...

I have a feeling that a 1/4th Iceman will go up for preorder right around this time in a year. :wink1:

I think this looks great and cant wait to order him. Interested to see what the exclusive will be. Doesnt matter what scale to me, I collect both!

I wonder how they have handled the seam on this one since its clear resin or appears to be.

When it comes to X-Men there is two line 1/4 Premium Format and 1/5 Comiquette, if Cyclops Pf was 1/5 it'd mess up the scale of the PF Line.

So by default this should be part of the 1/5 Comiquette line, as if it's 1/4 it'll mess us the scale of the X-Men 1/5 Comiquette Line so far.

Not necessarily. I do think this looks to be 1/5, but...

Silver Surfer, Carnage, Venom, Classic Iron Man and Namor all had little to no cloth on their costumes so their comiquettes were 1/4.

Iceman's "costume" when iced up doesn't have a fair amount of cloth for a PF if looking at the previous 1/4 com's as an example.

Using this "costume" they could do small cloth undies and get lampooned, but a 1/4 comi for Iceman makes sense regarding the previous examples. Due to the costume, no line would be messed up in either scale.

But is the 1/5 X-Men line a true line? The PFs are all Jim Lee/90s era costumes so they match as a line. The 1/5 X-Men definitely don't match at all (80s evil Rogue, post-Morrison costume Nightcrawler, Blue costume Angel, Utopia Colossus, Adam Hughes Black Queen Jean, WoM Punk Storm, it's a mess). Not so much line, just random 1/5 releases (take that 1/5!)

...but if the price is decent, I might have to get this.

Last edited:
But is the 1/5 X-Men line a true line? The PFs are all Jim Lee/90s era costumes so they match as a line. The 1/5 X-Men definitely don't match at all (80s evil Rogue, post-Morrison costume Nightcrawler, Blue costume Angel, Utopia Colossus, Adam Hughes Black Queen Jean, WoM Punk Storm, it's a mess). Not so much line, just random 1/5 releases (take that 1/5!)

...but if the price is decent, I might have to get this.

Yeah, the poses don't seem to match to me either.

Beast - pensive reading
Colossus - crouched, ready for combat
Nightcrawler - jumping around

So unless Beast is doing some last minute studying while the enemy is approaching they would look kinda strange together.

Yeah would of been real nice if they would of put more thought into the 1/5th so they would display nicer together.

Back