Prop I want to sell my illusive concepts han solo in carbonite

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

mick648

Just a little freaky
Reaction score
I've had # 1236/2500 since 2001. Recently moved and have no room for it. Movers managed to give it a few scratches at the top.
Can't locate the paperwork - only have round seal of authenticity. I've seen one on ebay on occasion with wide price range $3500-$5000.
Is ebay the best place to sell it and what price should I ask?

given the new one coming from SS, the value for this version will be lower than in the past. I would say around $2k for one that has some scratches. Try selling it locally first (kijiji or craigslist) as shipping will be a pain and very expensive.

Tried CL with no action. Local appraiser advised price would go up not down. SS might add bells and whistles to a Picasso but it would never equal an original.

Unfortunately, your local appraiser is probably not equipped to determine pricing on a Star Wars collectible like this one. The IC Han in Carbonite was highly valued by collectors many years ago, but then the RPF came along and people figured out how to build these things at a fraction of the price with even greater accuracy than the IC prop. Also, the IC does not have lighted side panels which is a big negative in many people's eyes now, especially once you see what can be done with LED lighting on custom builds. Sorry to rain on your parade, but you have no chance of getting anywhere near $5k for it and as ambasah said above you're probably looking at $2k or maybe even a little less for one that's not in perfect MINT condition.

Bummer about the scratches, but GL with the sale.
I'm sure there's a die hard Boba Fett collector that will take this off your hands.

I think expecting anything north of $2,500 is unrealistic. I'm completely aware of its provenance but the parts alone to build one of these that is screen accurate with functioning light sequence comes in at about a fraction of your appraised price. I think collectors in the purest sense would invest more for the Sideshow piece with all of its bells and whistles while builders don't really hold much regard for it. I still think this is a great looking replica, but its days of commanding a premium price has come and gone.

Back