"I want my phone call...I want it" HT Joker Diorama WIP

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Well, just in case he comes back I wouldn't go that far just yet. Not like banning him would do much anyways since he never logs on.

These nubs are funny. :p

You can make a dispute. But you won't get anything out of it. It has to be "within 45 days of the transaction". :(

Also, I e-mailed the address that is used for his paypal. No reply. :(

These nubs are funny. :p

You can make a dispute. But you won't get anything out of it. It has to be "within 45 days of the transaction". :(

Also, I e-mailed the address that is used for his paypal. No reply. :(

Thanks for the info. Much appreciated even though the news or lack of is upsetting. :( If he was going to disappear I wish he wouldn't have updated from time to time saying he wouldn't because that's an extra kick in the nuts.

I know how slim the chances are, but did anybody get any news from Zahal?

How about this concept---Think of something really cool and unique for your figures and tackle it yourself? That'll be a nice way to spend your down time and at the same time tap back into those long forgotten arts & crafts skills? Or at the very least it'll help form some skills?

Too many times people come out with something exciting and original and everyone else jumps on it like fish to water. Enormous sums of money are exchanged and then fast forward a year and you've been scammed. Seems like some of these people never take into account how exactly it is that they'll go about producing these in a timely fashion.
When we finally see pics of an amazing sculpt (C. Howes, etc.) or an awesome dio (Zahal) its like all we see is a product to be had not something that took several weeks or months to complete and the people who make these things somehow don't realize that producing these will take alot longer and become a second job. Sure after the completion of the first one you've figured ways to make it faster but that still doesn't make you a production line.

I got burned by C. Howes on a Joker hs and only for about $25 but I'm amazed at how long it took me to realize it. All those updates every few weeks worked to ease me but time and again I've seen how its the same story with customizers.. They disappear for months and then come back with some story and keep feeding you false promises. Our sense of self-preservation is what protects us and makes it hard for us to realize we're being scammed.

I work in finance and I see how hard it is and how much trust it takes to have your money floating out there and you have no idea whats going on with it. I'm not attacking ALL customizers out there as I'm well aware there are some top-notch individuals among us but everyone really needs to think about this before they jump to PM someone based on a few photos.
As some have stated---maybe there needs to be a system in place that equally protects both sides. If I were selling an original piece I wouldn't take on a new order and payment until I completed one, none of this " here's the list so far" stuff. One person pays at time, that way I wouldn't be overwhelmed and you wouldn't be out some heavy $$$ for months at a time. I hope I'm wrong for your sake but I highly doubt you guys will get anything and if one day you do will it be the same? Excitment will definitely be lost whenever you have to wait over a year for a product.

Just be careful guys. Collecting is a great thing but don't let it stop you from being smart about it. For those who can swallow this loss easily, more power to you. For those who can't, let it be a lesson. And to Zahal, do right by these people who've given you blind trust. Give them their money back at least. You say you own a contracting business? You are well aware of what it means to take on a project and have people trust you to do so--don't forget now.

How about this concept---Think of something really cool and unique for your figures and tackle it yourself? That'll be a nice way to spend your down time and at the same time tap back into those long forgotten arts & crafts skills? Or at the very least it'll help form some skills?

Not a bad idea. I'm trying to learn how to make lines so precise like this on a board with a dremel. My hands shake a lot so when I sculpt I can take care of imperfections later on where with something like this once you screw up, you're screwed.

Looking back he mentioned:

Sachiel
sixtus_56

will complete this week and ship out.

The last 5 orders:

eighthsamurai
hbk007
SnowRaven0404
samwise_09
ryu

on que on the workbench.

I'm one of the ones that asked for my $ back, but hell I'll take the dio if he doesn't have the money. It's too bad he didn't just finish them.

I'm from Canada so I'm not sure about people in the US but the total was $115US.

Well guys, I got some good news. I heard from Zahal. :)

He told me to tell you guys he's still willing to send refunds, but they will take a while.

However, I came up with an idea that I think you guys will like for the people who still want their dios. I asked Zahal if he can post a progress pic every week for whoever dio he's working on right now and he agreed to it.

In all honesty I think it's best right now is we forgive and forget as long as he can stick to the plan.

Last edited:
Well guys, I got some good news. I heard from Zahal. :)

He told me to tell you guys he's still willing to send refunds, but they will take a while.

However, I came up with an idea that I think you guys will like for the people who still want their dios. I asked Zahal if he can post a progress pic every week for whoever dio he's working on right now and he agreed to it.

In all honesty I think it's best right now is we forgive and forget as long as he can stick to the plan.

Do you suddenly trust a guy who couldn't find a minute in 6 months to post something here? I would imagine he has already spent everyone's money for his own purposes ages ago, hence no refund to date. That's theft and fraud. He's a liar. While I certainly hope you guys either get your refund or product, this guy deserves zero forgiveness. What he actually deserves is to be charged criminally. Mike isn't thinking about you at all. Don't sell or undermine your integrity for a Joker piece. Your character is worth far more than that.

I once bought something off this turd. It was described as new and undisplayed. When it arrived, it was clear that the piece wasn't new at all. It didn't even have any of the protective wrapping around the pieces. It was dusty, had fingerprints, and had lint on the PF cloth, and shipped broken. When I confronted him, he basically told me to take a hike. Thankfully, the piece was insured.

Make no mistake, this guys lies. He will say anything to get your money or to make you go away. We've seen it in this thread a number of times over the year. Even if this slime eventually comes through, which I think most of you highly doubt anyway, he's dirty. My suggestion -- Push for the refund. Wipe your hands clean of any and all dealings with him. There will always be another commission, hopefully with someone far more trustworthy. Again, this guy's behavior suggests he doesn't give a rat's behind about you. Don't listen to the words. Look at the behavior. There's far more truth to be found there.

Last edited:
Back