I THINK I'VE BEEN SPIKED!!!

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
abstractharmony said:
OK!

Done!

The telephone number that had been provided to e-bay was incorrect. So after a bit of Sherlock Holmes detective work I tracked down the correct number and spoke to Andrew's father.

This man was incredibly nice. He said that Andrew had been very busy packaging up a lot of auctions this week. He went to check the living room and confirmed that there was a Human Spike there in the pile of Auction things.

I explained that you had been chasing by e-mail but with no response and you were, understandably, getting a bit jittery. As Andrew was out I didn't speak to him but his dad assured me that he would get Andrew to e-mail you tonight and send out the package on Monday.

Job's a good 'un!

So - within 7-10 days you'll have your spike and the world will be right again!

I'll keep hold of his number just in case there is still no contact. Drop me a mail if you haven't heard anything by Wednesday and I'll give him another call.

He also only lived 5 minutes up the road so I could 'pay him a visit' if things don't go to plan!!!!!!!!!!

Hope this is OK.

Mark!

I'm speechless. Wow... that about all that I can say....WOW!

I can't thank you enough for your time and effort. It just proof positive that the members of this board are peerless.

SO after reading your post, one question came to mind: how old is Master Andrew? Or is it Andy? Am I dealing with a minor?:confused:

And you stated that Andy's dad saw a Spike in the mix with all of his auction stuff. Well, I hope he has more than one. I looked at the original auction that he ran again. Here it is:

https://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=6051094598

I was the fourth highest bidder listed. I can only assume that he offered a Spike to all of the above.... if not below me as well. Who knows how many have lined up to get a piece of Master Andrew. How many Spikes has this guy promised? Perhaps if there is only ONE Spike, then THAT one will go to the original high bidder of the original auction. I was only given a Second Chance offer to buy Spike.

I will await an e-mail. But I can't help be a little skeptical. There might be a need for a "drive by". If Andy is in fact a boy, maybe drive by in an Ice Cream truck to smoke him out his house. :monkey3 :monkey3 :monkey3

Again THANX, Abstractharmony.

:rock :rock :rock YOU ROCK!!!:rock :rock :rock

No Problemo!

After all 'if you offend one, you offend them all' - right?

I can truly say that I will be surprised if his Dad doesn't get him to send the package to you. From what he said one the phone today he actually had loads of Spikes that he had bought with his dad's credit card!!!!

Plus I'm not above dealing out the justice to a minor but the real question is, by setting up what is for all intents and purposes a 'credit' account using his father's card has he broken a law? Yes is the answer to that question and his dad will have to assume full liability.

Either way you'll have your cash or your Spike!

Migwit said:
So, Protozaius, any word on if and when Spike will be in da house? :confused:

Still no Spike.:eek:

Abstractharmony PMed me last weekend to tell me that he talked to the boy's father again. The dad told him that he believed the item was shipped out last Tuesday. I'm hoping that the dad is more responsible than his son. :eek:

So it's only been a week since the purported shipping. Still, it's getting hard to be patient about this matter. It feels like forever since I purchased it. :monkey2 :monkey2 :monkey2

Well, fingers crossed for ya! I know you'll let us know as soon as it arrives, and I have high hopes since the dad said it was shipping/shipping.

Thanks for the update! I just KNOW you'll get this! :D

Firefly Flanatic said:
Well hopefully it is truly on its way to you. I hope you get it soon. Did you ever get an e-mail from him?

It's funny... I NEVER did. :monkey2 :monkey2 :monkey2

OK - I'm gonna assume that you haven't had Spike.

I'm gonna give him a ring and go round tonight either to collect Spike, your cash or at the very least get a hold of the proof of postage.

If he gives me a Spike then I will make sure that he is posted tomorrow, Cash I'll Paypal it over to you, proof of postage - I'll scan and e-mail it to you.

I'll post later.

M!

OK!

Another successful bust...

It would appear that after I spoke to daddy at the weekend that Jr. got his ass whupped.

Get this - despite telling his dad he had sent it - he hadn't!!!!!!

After 4 hours of trying the house by telephone every 15 mins I finally spoke to momsie who told me that she herself had taken the package to the post office and sent it 'international signed for' on Tuesday 8th May.

Now this is the best and fastest (and naturally most expensive) way to send a package and it takes 5-7 days so You should have it tomorrow or Monday at the latest.

Unfortunately, as I only got through at 9.30pm it was too late to go over but she assures me that she has the customs receipt and proof of postage and she seemed very embarrassed that her son had put her in this position.

Tenancity! Always the best policy!

BTW - I checked the electoral roll for the area today and it would appear that Jr. is over 18 and therefore eligible for an ass kicking.....LOL

So - there you go, the latest chapter in the adventure of the missing spike!

Abstractharmony, you are my hero! (And it's not even MY Spike that's on the way!) :chew :chew :chew :chew :chew

abstractharmony said:
OK!

Another successful bust...

It would appear that after I spoke to daddy at the weekend that Jr. got his ass whupped.

Get this - despite telling his dad he had sent it - he hadn't!!!!!!

After 4 hours of trying the house by telephone every 15 mins I finally spoke to momsie who told me that she herself had taken the package to the post office and sent it 'international signed for' on Tuesday 8th May.

Now this is the best and fastest (and naturally most expensive) way to send a package and it takes 5-7 days so You should have it tomorrow or Monday at the latest.

Unfortunately, as I only got through at 9.30pm it was too late to go over but she assures me that she has the customs receipt and proof of postage and she seemed very embarrassed that her son had put her in this position.

Tenancity! Always the best policy!

BTW - I checked the electoral roll for the area today and it would appear that Jr. is over 18 and therefore eligible for an ass kicking.....LOL

So - there you go, the latest chapter in the adventure of the missing spike!

Boy this Jr. character is some piece of work! I wonder if this doesn't get his ass kicked out of the house. :D

Should I dare to hope that Spike will be darkening my doorstep soon? :monkey5 :monkey5 :monkey5

Again, I can't thank you enough for all of your "tenacity." :chew :chew :chew

abstractharmony said:
Well She-it!

I done gone an' spelled it wrong din I?

Say it wit' me fella. :-

TIN - A - SIT - EE

OH GEEZ!!!

I REALLY didn't want to make it look at I was correcting your spelling, Abstractharmony... it was just my lame attempt at underscoring your personal efforts with " ".

But looking at my post again it does look like I'm correcting you... how lame it that? After all of your selfless efforts to score me my Spike, I make it look like I'm slapping your wrist with a ruler.

NOT MY INTENTION... SORRY!!!

Back