I saw Spider-Man 3 today

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Found this today man i wish they woulda used these

cimg0035qi7.jpg

Well as i'm french to i saw it may the first and... I loved it.

IMO SPIDER-MAN 2 was better than the first (GREEN GOBLIN looks ridiculous -Willem Dafoe is such a great actor ! Sam Raimi should have decided to use his evil face with some make up instead of a helmet).

SPIDER-MAN 3 is better than the second (SPIDER-MAN 2 was IMO the best comics adapation to the big screen yet) at any level.
Three mutch more : plots, caracters, action, comedies, laughts, tears, sfx .... This movie ends perfectly the Sam Raimi Trilogy.

If the original team won't come back for the 4, I hope that the original man behind the SPIDER-MAN adaptation to the big screen will make his return...
I mean....

Mr JAMES CAMERON please can you make a new SPIDER MAN trilogy with new actors, great story lines and villains.
For the man who needs a challenge as big as TITANIC, SPIDER-MAN 4 will be the perfect challenge.

THE KRAVEN SAGA could be a huge storyline for this movie.

Seth Gecko said:

cimg0035qi7.jpg
Bah, the webshooters were stupid. Both in the comics and the animated series. If he has the powers of a spider, shouldn't he get the webbing powers aswell?

Naw they were awesome.You must be in the small minority that hates them..Webshooters are killer!! AND they are part of what made petes brilliance come alive. Makin the web formula, fixing on the work his dad was doing.(gotta be smart to make a substance like that)

Last edited:
Seth Gecko said:

cimg0035qi7.jpg

Come on! If he had those things strapped to his wrist, his wrist would be the size of his biceps. :lol

Jedi_Knight Rob said:
Bah, the webshooters were stupid. Both in the comics and the animated series. If he has the powers of a spider, shouldn't he get the webbing powers aswell?

Actually, reinventing the origin of Spider-Man and having him gain his powers genetically makes a bit more sense (ahem) scientifically than getting them through radioactive contamination, but if he really gained the organic webspinning powers of a spider, then the webs should probably be comin' out of his ass, anyway! I personally love the good ol' web shooters and always have. :D

im not a fan of those web shooters either. the guy is a spider, he shouldnt need web shooters.

THE biggest mistake made in the movies IMO was the replacement of the webshooters.

1. they hinted at his intellect. the fact that Pete made them and had to constantly make and upgrade the web fluid showed us just how brilliant he was supposed to be. remember geeky science nerd!

2. they allowed for strategic planning. Pete was always making "special" fluid for use against particular enemies. super tensile strength for Rhino/Hulk, flame retardent for Torchy, waterproof, ect. i seem to recall he had an extra gooey one for someone (Paste Pot Pete? lol). this is good stuff for a movie! waste of opportunity IMO.

3. the shooters being mechanical allowed for certain story elements. they could malfunction or run outta fluid at crucial times, making for high suspense. we've already seen that the organic ones need him to be "sick" physically or mentally to stop working properly. making Pete get sick all the time for plot reasons would get old (in fact we'd all groan if they do it again in even just one future movie lol), but anyone who's operated machinery, or even just had a car knows how often and even probable it could be for it to break down.

4. and THE biggest reason...as someone already pointed out, if they were organic they should logically be shooting out his ass.:rolleyes:

Last edited:
Well said indeed, Mookey. If I may add one thing, it would be that Silver Age comic Spidey only lost his powers when he caught a cold (or some virus) and even though he lost his spider sense and most of his spider strength was sapped, he still always had the trusty web shooters! So he was never really completely powerless.

Mookeylama said:
THE biggest mistake made in the movies IMO was the replacement of the webshooters.

1. they hinted at his intellect. the fact that Pete made them and had to constantly make and upgrade the web fluid showed us just how brilliant he was supposed to be. remember geeky science nerd!

2. they allowed for strategic planning. Pete was always making "special" fluid for use against particular enemies. super tensile strength for Rhino/Hulk, flame retardent for Torchy, waterproof, ect. i seem to recall he had an extra gooey one for someone (Paste Pot Pete? lol). this is good stuff for a movie! waste of opportunity IMO.

3. the shooters being mechanical allowed for certain story elements. they could malfunction or run outta fluid at crucial times, making for high suspense. we've already seen that the organic ones need him to be "sick" physically or mentally to stop working properly. making Pete get sick all the time for plot reasons would get old (in fact we'd all groan if they do it again in even just one future movie lol), but anyone who's operated machinery, or even just had a car knows how often and even probable it could be for it to break down.

4. and THE biggest reason...as someone already pointed out, if they were organic they should logically be shooting out his ass.:rolleyes:

Exactly what I've always thought! I was so disappointed to see Spidey using organical webs when the first film was released.

Attention all die hard Spidey fans!

If you haven't ordered yourself one of these, then by all means treat yourself and grab one while they're still only $62.99!!!

'Amazing Spider-Man Omnibus, Vol. 1' (Hardcover). 1088 pages of pure Spidey heaven. Stan Lee and Steve Ditko...need I say more?

Available now at Amazon.com. Collects issues: Amazing Fantasy #15, Amazing Spider-Man #1-38, Spidey Annual #1 and 2, plus Spidey featured stories from FF Annual #1 and Strange Tales Annual #2, and the covers of Marvel Tales #3-28. If you really love ol' webhead then you owe it to yourself to get this book. You won't be sorry. 'Nuff said.

Just my opinion, but web shooters are stupid. If he is "spider" man then he should have the ability w/o a web shooter.

KitFisto said:
Just my opinion, but web shooters are stupid. If he is "spider" man then he should have the ability w/o a web shooter.

Don't forget he's a "spider-man", not a "man-spider". In the comics (at least in the original story line) Peter only gained enhanced strength, agility, speed and the (questionable) ability to cling to walls, along with the "spider sense" power. He didn't grow new body parts or anything like what he did in the movies. (The wall-clinging part always did sort of "bug" me, but what the hell, it was a comic book after all.) Parker was much more of a (genius) science geek back in the old days, a real "bookworm" as his classmates called him, so his inventing the web shooters was very well-suited to his character and the stories back then. Many great comic episodes directly involved the mechanical web shooters and those stories wouldn't have been possible without 'em. I've always liked it just the way Stan Lee and Steve Ditko thought it up and to me the organic web shooters is just sort of overboard. But then I've been a Spidey fan since '63, so I guess I can be expected to feel that way! :lol :D

Back