I made The NIGHT KING - GoT

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

LoreCraft

Freakzoid
Reaction score
Hello all,
Back again after my Darkness creation to reveal my most recent piece, The Night King himself!
I modelled him off of the Hardhome episode, where he was played by Richard Brake (he has since been changed a bit after they switched actors).
Here's the Youtube video of the timelapse sculpt: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Z3RoV5D0qKQ

Me and NK.jpg
NK Painted.jpg

I'll take more picture and video at a later time, but I hope you guys like it. If you do, please consider subscribing to my channel. I'm trying to create a new bust as often as I can, and community support can really help bolster the production process. I'm doing this on my own with limited space and resources. Loving it, but would be awesome to have my own shop.

[edit] forgot to add, that I did make all that armour from scratch too. I have all the footage of it so I will post a video on that later. There just wasn't enough space/time for it in the original film. If you want to see how it was made, what it is, etc, you can see it on my channel perhaps next week'ish. Gotta pace myself with uploads :)

Holy **** man, just watched all your videos. Your stuff is insane, so talented.

I don't know much about clay or sculpting, but maybe in the downtime - do you think you'd be able to sculpt smaller stuff, or even just do custom paintjobs on existing things.

For instance, 1/6 figures are obviously huge here. Not only would videos about customizing them or making a custom 1/6 scale headsculpt be awesome - you could sell them as well.

Or there's a HUGE crowd for small collectibles like Marvel Legends, Star Wars Black Series, etc... you could do repaints of those figures and sell them - and also probably get a pretty big following. Or even things like painting miniatures like warhammer, DnD, Star Wars Legion/IA, etc..

Not sure if any of that is stuff you're into, but if so it would definitely have an audience in audition to your larger stuff! :D

Holy **** man, just watched all your videos. Your stuff is insane, so talented.

I don't know much about clay or sculpting, but maybe in the downtime - do you think you'd be able to sculpt smaller stuff, or even just do custom paintjobs on existing things.

For instance, 1/6 figures are obviously huge here. Not only would videos about customizing them or making a custom 1/6 scale headsculpt be awesome - you could sell them as well.

Or there's a HUGE crowd for small collectibles like Marvel Legends, Star Wars Black Series, etc... you could do repaints of those figures and sell them - and also probably get a pretty big following. Or even things like painting miniatures like warhammer, DnD, Star Wars Legion/IA, etc..

Not sure if any of that is stuff you're into, but if so it would definitely have an audience in audition to your larger stuff! :D

I'm actually not much of a painter. The Night King was the 3rd attempt at painting anything, with the previous two being the other sculptures on my channel (Darkness and Nooshy). I am improving, I think, but there are much better airbrushing experts out there.
As to smaller pieces? I think it's probably harder to do the small sculptures, due to the immense detail involved. I much prefer going BIG, as it allows me the room to manoeuvre and really create something unique. Darkness, for example, is larger than life size. Just enormous. And size can have a really big impact on the presence of a piece.
As to other genres - I am planning to make The Green Goblin 'soonish'. That will be my first foray into the comic space. I seem to do well with exaggerated features and creature type creations. I am also doing this in my studio apartment and I don't have enough resources to buy all the metalworking equipment and materials to make some of the other things I'd really like to (think, sci fi, T-800, etc). My hope is that this takes off and I can invest in my own little workshop. But that's a long way off, I think. I am doing this solo and I am learning as I go. I didn't go for any professional training for this - it's just something I like to do, and I am seeing how far I can take it.

And thank all of you guys for the warm reception! And please feel free to share the video link anywhere you think it might be well received. I am really trying to get the channel off the ground. I've spent a fortune on resources to make these and the hope of any return seems a long way off. Oddly, DARKNESS got more views more quickly than The Night King, which is baffling me since GoT is so hugely popular. But I think it got drowned out and buried on other fansites with all the other neat stuff people are posting about the show. It's hard to tell how people will respond. I haven't gotten any negative feedback, really, so I am just assuming it isn't reaching the right crowd yet.
But again, thank you guys for your appreciation and thoughts. It goes a long way.

That's awesome. I'm the guy on your Youtube channel that asked you about what clay you used so you didn't have to cast it for painting. Glad to see you post here. Keep up the great work. I would love to see that armor video you were talking about for this bust.

That's awesome. I'm the guy on your Youtube channel that asked you about what clay you used so you didn't have to cast it for painting. Glad to see you post here. Keep up the great work. I would love to see that armor video you were talking about for this bust.

Hey! Thanks man! I have a ton of footage of the armour making process... a lot of it was trial and error. I think 50% of it is me failing and trying new materials, but I did finally get it. I need to start thinking of ways to create a cogent "tutorial" section on the channel. I am concerned about overdeveloping it with too much lateral content - where the draw should primarily be the demos themselves. Problem though, I can't generate demos fast enough to keep people interested. It's very slow going. Ideally I'd have a demo channel and a tutorial channel separate. Someday perhaps, we'll see!
So I will try to get that up soon. Someone asked me for the Horns of Darkness tutorial as well. AND I need to start a new sculpture sooooon. I am trying to think of something less evil, but still within the tradition of fantasy (I can't do "pretty" unfortunately. Not yet, at least). I might do an "Old man of the forest", like Leshy. Thinking! Thanks again, mate.

Back