I made a feature film.

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ToastedFred

Super Freak
Reaction score
Hi guys,

It's been a while since I posted here last. I'm still into collecting, but I've been mega busy on writing and directing my first feature film. I just wanted to share the trailer with you guys!

It may seem like a generic story, but there's definitely a couple twists that aren't given away in the trailer (cos I'm not Hollywood) that keep the story original.

Would be great to hear some feedback. I posted this to reddit the other day, and it was the usual response of negativity, with hardly any constructive criticism and just downvoting of anything positive.

Thanks!

That's awesome! I hope it does gangbusters for you! :)

Reddit is a waste of time. They're mostly just trolls there.

Thank you mate, I really appreciate it! I hope it does well too!

Agreed on reddit too! Sometimes it can be really engaging with some great discussions, but that's only in a few subreddits so it's hard to come by. Technically, with all the negativity, I got what I needed which was a ton of views, and they'll have moved onto the next thing to hate in a days time.

Thanks guys!

To answer some questions, as far as I'm aware none of the cast were in True Blood. And I've had someone mention 'Two Little Boys' before, I can assure you that although the beginning premise might seem similar, it's definitely a story of it's own once it hits about 20 minutes in.

If you could LIKE the trailer on Youtube, that would also be mega helpful to me and I'd very much appreciate it.

I liked the trailer, it was interesting and funny. i didnt think it was cliche. that story could go a hundred different ways.

I was going to say that you might want to try imgur.com to share it, they tend to be nicer than reddit. I cannot promise it will go viral (it might die on user submitted)
But sometimes art projects like that are well liked.
if it goes dead and no one comments I would suggest to try to upload it a couple of times again after like a week, I remember some guy wrote a book and imgur made it go to number one on the amazon list or something

I always forget that Imgur has an active community and isn't just an image hosting site. That's not a bad shout, thanks.

they wont bully you. im sure. the post can either disappear and be ignored. but if it goes to the front it would become huge

I'm not even bothered about bullying really, all kinds of feedback is great so long as it's constructive. This is my first film, and I'm only 21, so I'm really not trying to say I've made an Oscar winner here, and if people don't realise that, then that's their problem.

I've posted it to Imgur, with the film's poster as the main image.
I recently made my first feature film, and wanted to share it with you. - Imgur

Last edited:
1,640 views not bad. if it quiets down you could always try a week later on a different time (afternoon usa time tends to be more busy)

Last edited:
Yeah I was thinking the same, maybe next time not file it under 'Design and Art', as a general image it might reach more people I guess.

you might get angry comments saying "REPOST" but just ignore them lol, imgur always has reposts

Haha, I could always post different stills from the film, with the same core message, so that technically the image isn't a repost if I wanted to work round comments like that.

oh, no I didn't mean it like that, you could post the exact same post later and it wouldn't break any rules, some people might get grumpy about the reposts but Imgur is build on reposting. every post is a repost of something else lol

Hi guys,

It's been a while since I posted here last. I'm still into collecting, but I've been mega busy on writing and directing my first feature film. I just wanted to share the trailer with you guys!

It may seem like a generic story, but there's definitely a couple twists that aren't given away in the trailer (cos I'm not Hollywood) that keep the story original.

Would be great to hear some feedback. I posted this to reddit the other day, and it was the usual response of negativity, with hardly any constructive criticism and just downvoting of anything positive.

Thanks!

Movie kinda looks like something youd see on Channel 4

Oddly enough, quite a few people who have seen the whole film have said that it has a Film4/Channel 4 feel to it. I'm actually thinking of approaching them in regards to distribution once I've held the cast and crew screening.

Back