"I looked into the eye of the island, and what I saw...was beautiful"

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Locke was fairly easy for me, and most others it seems, to pick a signature look. Ben is trickier. He's got lots of good costumes.

Ben is my fav, and would be a fine companion piece, but I think Jack would be a better foil to John and second head to follow this breathtaking piece.

I just can't say enough about this sculpt, trying really hard to find nit picks, but there are none. It's just an exceptional piece.

NightCreeper said:
IMG_2428.jpg

Sweet lord that sculpt is amazing. Seriously.. it's spot on.

I'm gunna wait to see some paint apps on Locke before i buy :D

I'm almost afraid to get it painted for fear of losing some of the finer details of the sculpt. It is a nice enough sculpt that I would be happy with it if it never got painted. Truley an amazing sculpt. I can't praise it enough.

That said, I can't wait to see what a professional painter can do with this beauty. Even the best of sculpts can be improved upon by a master painter!

I'm almost afraid to get it painted for fear of losing some of the finer details of the sculpt. It is a nice enough sculpt that I would be happy with it if it never got painted. Truley an amazing sculpt. I can't praise it enough.

That said, I can't wait to see what a professional painter can do with this beauty. Even the best of sculpts can be improved upon by a master painter!

I do not blame your hesitance. This one will be tricky to pull off well with the fine details and blending work.

It's not the fine details that I'm worrying about. It's the back of his big bald head. It's a just a big canvas needing paint.

Exactly, hence my teeny uneven feeling towards a purchase. The painter will have to be good, SCARY good, to do it any type of justice. The sculpt is just insanely perfect, there isn't a thing that's off with it.

Got this email from Ada the other day regarding her Ben sculpt. (Funny thing is I asked her for a Ben sculpt last year and she told me she wasn´t interested in making any more LOST sculpts :rolleyes:)

!BRjrG7g!mk~$(KGrHgoOKjsEjlLmUU31BJ-mvbuYkQ~~_1.JPG

It looks like her site doesn´t work right now but you can find that head on Ada´s ebay site. Seller: wantedyou

Btw, gotta LOVE this Locke sculpt. It´s way better than Ada`s Locke and I thought that was the best Locke head out there.
Will have to start saving!

Lerath666's Wallet said:
sweet jesus....no...
God damnit.. I hate all of you, every last one of you for posting in this thread now. Especialy you mr No self control!

Holy crap... Best Ada Sculp ever... ok, that's it... I'm going to do a full lost set now.

Geting this head, Getting that Ada head... might get Ada's charlie head....

need Hugo. Got a great fatsuit for him.. somebody make a good Hurley.

I think you guys might be over-thinking the paint apps. It's a beautiful sculpt, yes, but it's meant to be painted. John Locke would paint it....

Josh from small _studios is the master of eyes let me know if your interested i can put you onto him

Thank you for the offer, and I know from your posts that you know a good paint job when you see one, but I feel like I have to do this one on my own. Just needed to vent for a minute.
I did look up some of the Small Studios pics on the board.:google

Manji
Thanks for the shout out! Well you guys wont have to wait long i have a few of these on the shelf that will be painted up soon. So i should have some shots of him shortly. All i can say is if your thinking about getting this one, do it. So much detail in person. :chew

I am a huge fan of Lost and and I want to get this but I keep on telling myself that I only want to stay on task with the one collection. If I get Locke as soon as the next one is shown I will get that and then the next. I need to stop coming to this website and seeing everyones magnificent talent.

That Ada Ben sculpt is pretty good, one of her best. However, I want some continuity with my Lost figures.....Ben is on the list of ones that Andy is doing for me. So this will be one of those "duplicate" commissions mentioned in another thread :)

Mike

That Ada Ben sculpt is pretty good, one of her best. However, I want some continuity with my Lost figures.....Ben is on the list of ones that Andy is doing for me. So this will be one of those "duplicate" commissions mentioned in another thread :)

Mike

Very nice! I agree about continuity, I will only buy Andy's sculpts! I cannot wait to see what's in store. :rock

Mike

:rock

I haven't been this excited about figure(s) in awhile. If everything comes out well, John Locke will be a highlight of my collection. Thanks again Mike. must...get ...more...lost...figures. :chew

Maybe this'll help YoNoSe:

boot25 from OSW said:
Eyes are probably the most difficult step, yet well done eyes will really bring your sculpt to life.
I start by laying down the whites. You don’t want to use a pure white here. Real whites have a translucent kind of look I mix in a touch of gray as well as a bit of Raw Sienna.
When your whites are dry you want to start on the iris’s. I start by drawing them with a .05 mechanical pencil. This will allow the paint to flow into a nice circle.
Thin the paint by half for whatever color or using for the eyes.

You can also add some tear ducts with some thinned light red paint.
Add some shading to the top of the iris with some dark gray pastel. Seal it again paying close attention to the eyes, but don’t over do it.
Finally add some gloss to the eyes, I use Future Floor Finish. A six-dollar bottle will last years.

Boba_fett from OSW said:
Now .... the hardest yet easiest part, The EYES :wideyes

Sharpen your pencil to the finest tip you can get it to be.

And draw the Irises, start from top of lid.
Make the best circle you can, make your Mamma proud!
:rolling

jorgeswork213.jpg

For eyes mix half paint/ half water
Now use a darker version of whatever color you're using.
For this green I just added a little bit of black to make a darker green.
jorgeswork214.jpg

then add a smaller circle of the lighter version.
jorgeswork217.jpg

with your round 0 add tear ducts with reddish brown and color eyelid rims avoiding the eyeball itself.
Seal it.
jorgeswork221.jpg

Lastly add the pupil with your 0/3
Let it dry and add about 6 coats of of Future Floor Polish.
https://www.onesixthwarriors.com/forum/showthread.php?t=82980

Or you could just cheat and use some eye decals! HA!
https://www.zotzdecals.com/reviews/zotzFX2/zotzFX2.htm

The 2.1mm look best for 1/6 scale figures.

oh what the hell im gonna do it. If i dont I know as soon as small_studios starts posting pics of what he did with the head I will be kicking myself in the ass for not doing it.

Back