I Just Finished Watching Angel

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Each season of Buffy is going to bring something unique to the table. I notice many people view Season 1 as being below par, but honestly IMO, it ranks up there as possessing some of the best material in the entire series. The one great thing about this show is whether you liked Season 4, hated Season 3, absolutely loved Season 5, or whatever the case maybe, every event has an important consequence in terms of story and character development. No matter how minute the detail, you'll find that Joss can bring back anything he pleases and in a believable matter, so never say "never." Don't be surprised if you find a seemingly unimportant "monster of the week" from Season 1 show back up in Season 6 (as an example.) And because of that, even the most "un-enjoyable" season has an importance amongst the grand scheme of things.

Last edited:
I have NO DOUBT that she will enjoy the show - she gets these hangups every now and then, and doesn't even know herself why she gets them. She had a similar one with Angel - and she LOVED it.

I can't say enough about how awesome Angel was. Seasons 2-4 seemed like one long episode to me, and I love that. Every character was awesome, although I don't like where they went with Gunn is Seasons 3-4, or with Lorne in Seasons 4-5.

But you are right, Whedon's characters are so well written. On top of that, he is very good with giving you the rules of the world he is creating (and doesn't break them) so that when he throws in an episode with puppets, you don't even flinch - it totally works, and is awesome. That is definitely the genius of Whedon.

Seasons 2-4 seemed like one long episode to me, and I love that.

It's funny because I was going to say that EXACT same thing about Buffy last night in my last post, but when I re-read it, I thought "I'm starting to ramble" and decided to delete it. :lol But you are VERY right and Buffy does the same thing. By the time you complete the whole series, season finales and next season premiers begin to blur. Eventually, seasons blur and the distinction between two become more difficult. (Which I feel is an indicator of a successful show.)

Back