Firefly the series on blu-ray at Amazon Deal of the Day

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

binky

Super Freak
Reaction score
Today only, the series on blu ray for $23.50 shipped (in US):

[ame="https://www.amazon.com/gp/goldbox/ref=cs_top_nav_gb27"]Amazon.com Gold Box: New Deals. Every Day.[/ame]

TBH I think I got mine a few dollars less, but still. While you're at it, Serenity regular price is under $10:

[ame="https://www.amazon.com/Serenity-Blu-ray-Nathan-Fillion/dp/B001KOFH2G/ref=sr_1_6?ie=UTF8&qid=1305280637&sr=8-6"]Amazon.com: Serenity [Blu-ray]: Nathan Fillion, Gina Torres, Chiwetel Ejiofor, Alan Tudyk, Morena Baccarin, Adam Baldwin, Jewel Staite, Sean Maher, Summer Glau, Ron Glass, David Krumholtz, Michael Hitchcock, Jack N. Green, Joss Whedon, Lisa Lassek, Alisa Tager, Barry Mendel, Christopher Buchanan, David V. Lester: Movies & TV[/ame]

I hope y'all don't mind me posting these when they come up. I've said it before, I'll say it again, the tv shows on disc are the best collectibles for any Whedonville line. I have everything Whendonville on blu ray available. They've been showing Angel on TNT HD so maybe it's a matter of time for that to make the transfer? Here's hoping.

I already have this of course, but I think, buy 3 (or 4! these days) sets of Firefly to give as presents versus a single 12" Star Wars figure that gives me maybe an hour of pure joy if it's well-made... Ah, maybe I am getting too old and frugal for this hobby.

The best score I've had so far is the Buffy regular fat box series (all seven!) for less than $25. :yess: A wonderful present for my niece.

Question: Did the BluRay release of Firefly fix the totally obnoxious menu screens that blast you with loud noises and make you click through like 3 screens to watch an episode that the normal DVD release had? Is there a play all?

the answer to my question should determine your decision. $23 for a play all and avoid the most annoying menu screens ever used in a DVD set is a deal. then gift away the dvd set.

I already own the DVD but when I saw this thread it was a no brainer, I ordered it right away. I'll sell my DVDs or just regift them. $23 is an amazing deal!

I do want this...it's a great deal, but I have it on dvd and am not sure if I should. :(

I'm not getting it, TBH. I love Firefly, but I have the DVDs and I'm content with that.

If I wasn't swayed enough to buy the BTVS Complete Series set (and sell my individual season sets,) then I don't see any reason for me anyway to get this.

It's a GREAT deal though and a great show. :rock :rock :rock

I bought the Blu-Rays the last time amazon had this deal, got them for a cool $20 even shipped. I have to say that the Blu-Ray transfer upgrade is definitely worth the cash, especially at this price! I watched them all again immediately and was very impressed with the image quality.

I bought the Blu-Rays the last time amazon had this deal, got them for a cool $20 even shipped. I have to say that the Blu-Ray transfer upgrade is definitely worth the cash, especially at this price! I watched them all again immediately and was very impressed with the image quality.

Don't try to sway my decision, Marf, with your tempting words of Firefly and Bluray goodness. :mad:

Oh, no....I will not fall for such trickery. :pfft: :lol

I revisited the series on Blu-Ray a couple weeks ago...fell in love with it all over again. The transfers are really nice, and I love the new menu. (I know, it's a little thing, but it feels more faithful to the show than the DVD menus)

Awesome deal!
Trev

The quality is definitely much better, entirely worth getting.

I revisited the series on Blu-Ray a couple weeks ago...fell in love with it all over again. The transfers are really nice, and I love the new menu. (I know, it's a little thing, but it feels more faithful to the show than the DVD menus)

Awesome deal!
Trev

:lecture

Don't try to sway my decision, Marf, with your tempting words of Firefly and Bluray goodness. :mad:

Oh, no....I will not fall for such trickery. :pfft: :lol

How many tiny devils need to be sitting on your shoulder before you cave...

:devil

I have a quick question. Are there subtitles when they're speaking a different language? I'm watching on Netflix and subtitles are not showing up.

Great show too.. I'm surprised I never watched it.

I have a quick question. Are there subtitles when they're speaking a different language? I'm watching on Netflix and subtitles are not showing up.

Great show too.. I'm surprised I never watched it.

Nope, many of the Chinese lines are cuss words so they're meant to be taken as a way for the characters to cuss on network TV

Short of me making a new thread, has anyone checked this out yet?

[ame="https://www.amazon.com/Done-Impossible-Fans-Firefly-Serenity/dp/B000IJFJDG/ref=sr_1_4?ie=UTF8&qid=1306916221&sr=8-4"]Amazon.com: Done The Impossible: The Fans' Tale of Firefly & Serenity: Jewel Staite, Adam Baldwin, Alan Tudyk, Christina Hendricks, Morena Baccarin, Nathan Fillion, Rafael Feldman, Ron Glass, Yan Feldman, Christopher Buchanan, Greg Edmonson, Joss Whedon, Loni Peristere, Mary Parent, Orson Scott Card, Tim Minear: Movies & TV[/ame]

Looks pretty good. Curious if anyone here has seen it....

Back