I hope SS gives plenty of nods to the old GI Joe toy line

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I see what you mean now, so have them be the appropriate colors (overall) but not molded in a solid color. That makes sense.

I see what you mean now, so have them be the appropriate colors (overall) but not molded in a solid color. That makes sense.

Yeah, I didn't mean that quite so literally as apparently some people were taking it. I wouldn't necessarily want some of the guns to be 100% green anymore than I'd want their faces painted all one color of peach with little black dots for the eyes. :lol Just an update that makes them look cool yet still retains overall color schemes of the vintage figures and accessories.

The Hasbro 25th line went too far, IMO, and lost some of the Essence (tm) of the early Joes. ;)

Neon green machine guns are the (1982) Hasbro way of doing things. IMHO, the entire purpose of Sideshow getting this license is to produce 1/6 G.I. JOE RAH figures that are realistic as well as detailed. These won't be cartoon or comic figures, but "lifelike" interpretations of the RAH character designs. And that's the way it should be, imho.

(Note: That doesn't mean I think they'll be "re-imagining" the characters... just don't expect things like funky-colored weapons and other minutiae just for the sake of nostalgia).

I also hope they don't give any Joes post-1980's weaponry other than the obvious fantasy weapons such as laser rifles. The Real American Hero team was made up of a fair number of Viet Nam vets, not 21st Century soldiers. :lecture

As long as we don't end up with this

firefly.jpg

Firefly

recondo.jpg

Recondo

beachhead_med.jpg

Beachhead

What's with the MC Hammer pants?

:google OMG HASBRO USED THE ART S. BUCK BODY TOO! :google

:lol

I hope they have the same type of gun (modeled like the toy) and the same accesories (back packs etc....) as the toys did!!!!

Okay, once more, the guns for the first few series of Joe figures were BLACK or GREEN. Green weapons and walkie talkies exist, its a fact. :lecture

swatweaponaugsteyrleft.jpg

ak47phone3_small.jpg

amerBazooka.jpg

I'd just like SS to keep the appropriate vintage colors for the respective characters. Snake Eyes' Uzi: Black. Scarlett's crossbow: Black. Zap's bazooka and Firefly's submachine gun: Green. I have faith that SS will make awesome Joe figures, it'll just be a bit of a disappointment if they go black for the weapons straight across the board like Hasbro did for the 25th line.

SS can make this figure in 1/6 scale, match the colors and have it look absolutely badass, and I'm highly disappointed in any old school Joe fan who says otherwise. :nono

firefly.jpg

I realize this thread is over a year old but I just had to give SSC props for doing exactly what I hoped they would with regard to the firearm color schemes. Duke was one of the vintage figures that came with a green assault rifle and SSC found away to accent his new weapon with the same colors. Thank you! :bow

duke1.jpg

IMG_3601.JPG

Take that naysayers! :gun

I'm glad they did that with Duke's rifle. Not so sure it'd work for Firefly, but we'll see. The walkie should definitely be olive drab though.

I realize this thread is over a year old but I just had to give SSC props for doing exactly what I hoped they would with regard to the firearm color schemes. Duke was one of the vintage figures that came with a green assault rifle and SSC found away to accent his new weapon with the same colors. Thank you! :bow

duke1.jpg

IMG_3601.JPG

Take that naysayers! :gun

Yeah but they got the binoculars the wrong color:D

Freakin' Sideshow is really hitting on all cylinders with the Joe line. With every new figure that comes out, I am more and more depressed at the necessity that experienced to cancel all the figures I had ordered. I am not a G.I. Joe fan, but these figures are so cool that I was intending to get all of them.

Back