i hope im wrong, but i think it's over

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
My optimistic side tells me that SS wouldn't go through all the hassle of creating the hobbits-sized body and then cancel the LotR line after only making 2 of the buggers. This leads me to beleive that we will, as others have said, AT LEAST get the Fellowship. I know the newly developed bodies can be used for other licenses (young Ani and Jawas etc for SW, Newt from Aliens etc etc) but I'm still hopeful.

After all, when the Hobbit movie gets released they'll need those small bodies to make Bilbo plus i-forget-how-many Dwarfs for the Hobbit license alone. Which then leads me to beleive that Gimli will be made in preparation for that but maybe not announced for a while.

The Sideshow LotR line is not slowing down... its always been slow! :D

My optimistic side tells me that SS wouldn't go through all the hassle of creating the hobbits-sized body and then cancel the LotR line after only making 2 of the buggers. This leads me to beleive that we will, as others have said, AT LEAST get the Fellowship. I know the newly developed bodies can be used for other licenses (young Ani and Jawas etc for SW, Newt from Aliens etc etc) but I'm still hopeful.

After all, when the Hobbit movie gets released they'll need those small bodies to make Bilbo plus i-forget-how-many Dwarfs for the Hobbit license alone. Which then leads me to beleive that Gimli will be made in preparation for that but maybe not announced for a while.

The Sideshow LotR line is not slowing down... its always been slow! :D

I hope you are right

The LOTR 1/6 line sells better than some of their other ones so I would think it would be silly of them to stop it after Gandalf.

They don't want to hear me whine!

With all of the work they put into making the Hobbit body, how could they not use it for Merry and Pippin and slightly alter it for Gimli? It makes little sense to put so much work into a new body and not exploit it fully. If M,P, and G need smaller edition sizes so be it, up the fellowship NEEDS to be completed before the line has the right to die.

These guys take a lot of work and I know that Sideshow had some things they were working on that just weren't quite ready for SDCC. There will be more announcements as time passes, and you never know what the future might bring.

Especially with the smaller bodies now available, you can still hold out some hope for the rest of the Fellowship--even as domestic site exclusives with a low ES. I wouldn't give up all hope, but I wouldn't expect them to be priority number one at Sideshow, either.

Back