I got my Gentle Giant Vader Statue

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: re

Courtesy of Bob, mine just arrived..

The paint job is top notch...(am sure GG could have done this statue better justice by taking better shots of it as their pics were pretty horrible!)

I love the heavyweight feel to it, and the now familiar packing methods (as Josh pointed out) . It isn't terribly dynamic, it isn't Attakus, and small legs aside it's still a worthy addition to any Star Wars collection!

I kind of view of this in the same light as the Barad Dur..it ain't Sideshow.. but it still rocks!

Yeah, the legs are maybe a tad short but really you could say that with some of the LOTR pieces as well. Really, this is an amazing piece and a must have. I know it says ROTS on the back of the card that they give you but really this to me comes from ESB.

Matt, you should have ordered with the Godfather.

At 24", this is going to be the ultimate Vader IMO.

I agree completely and that's why I'm not ordering the GG Vader. I only need one Vader in my collection.

Is the 24" height accurate? Sideshow's site lists the height as 20".

To me the pose is certainly Empire, I don't care with the box says! Rule the galaxy... well you know the bit.

Oh and Josh - don't remind me! :sick

Thats one of the main reasons I got it was its my fave part of SW.

Its ok Matt. The Godfather is very forgiving.

Yup, thats exactly the way I was looking at it. Plus he is in 1/6th scale and its in with the LOTR pieces I have so as I said thats another plus for me.

Got my shipping confirmation from Marc, it's going to Miami and after one or two weeks coming my way. It 'll take some time, damn cant' wait.:rolleyes

re

At 24", this is going to be the ultimate Vader IMO.

He will certainly be the largest, but perhaps not the ultimate...that honour may go to the ESB or ROTJ Vader. :p :lol

I saw this posted on another forum:

gg20zr.jpg

Even though Chewie's legs are bent, the scale seem off on all three statues. C-3PO should not be that much shorter
than Vader and Chewie should be alot taller.

I think it is pretty close with Chewie's back being hunched, legs cocked at the knees and his feet spread out pretty far. And I think C3PO is right on. 2ft difference between him and Chewie and a 10inch difference between Vader and Chewie.

This si from the same thread:

These are their hights:
C-3PO = 5.479 feet or approx. 5'6"
Vader = 6.627 feet or approx. 6'7 1/2"
Chewbacca = 7.48 feet or approx 7'6"

Jesse

His legs do look a small, and I think his lightsaber blade looks a little out of alignment, but as long as you're happy with it Josh there are no problems. I just know I'll never be buying one.

The scale on those GG pieces is way off. Chewbacca has his legs spread apart a bit and is hunched over, but there's no way that he's to scale with Vader. He should tower over Vader, especially Ep. III Vader.

Those pieces are a very nice alternative for the non-hardcore fan, but I'm glad I decided to go with Sideshow.

I've got all three of these statues, but the way the scale looks to me, I'm thinking of selling them. I haven't even taken Vader out of the box yet after seeing those pictures.

Actually, I didn't have the saber in totally when I took that pic. Its fixed now. The scale is fine its 1/6th that is no different than the LOTR statues which are 1/6th scale.

Those pieces are a very nice alternative for the non-hardcore fan, but I'm glad I decided to go with Sideshow.

So your only a hardcore SW fan if you buy SS? Those are pretty much fighting words I would guess with most SW Fans. Actaully, if anything the hardcore SW fans are the people that go out and get every action figure and spend hours doing that. Thats hardcore. I'm getting the GG pieces because they are very similar to the SSW LOTR pieces in size and quality. Not to mention they are also the same price range. I really can't afford as much as I'd like to go putting out $300+ on SS SW figures.

Elwood you are comparing apples to oranges, you are comparing a $160 Vader to a $450 Vader. The GG Vader is a excellent piece for the price and having it you won't have to worry about moths ruining it. :lol

Ahh dewback, yummy! :drool

I got my shipping notice from Bob today -- I can't wait for this one! :banana

Back