I cancelled my Speeder bike and Scout

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
You stand corrected. :D

Seriously, the weight is one of the most appealing qualities of polystone. It makes the piece feel like a real sculpture instead of just a cheap plastic toy. The fact that Boba Fett was made of ABS instead of polystone was the biggest complaint of that particular piece. When I picked mine up from the box, I felt like I was holding a doll. Only when he was put on display was I able to wipe that from my mind. So, yeah. The weight is important.

And there's nothing cheap about polystone, nor do I think it can be called "brittle." Fragile, maybe. But it's tough as nails, durable, and, from what I hear, takes paint better than any other medium. Which is a key factor, I'm sure, in the superior appearance of the pieces from Sideshow and Weta.

Thanks for the explain!

Plastic is definitely out of course. I heard much about the plastic Boba Fett, they could at least bring the price down. That would secured the buyers who cancelled.

As for the Speeder Bike, with so much people cancelling the order. I wonder why SS don't drop the production numbers of 1500 to much lower, say 350-500 as suggested by Agent23 and DarthNeil? Hack, I so totally agreed with that.

As I continue to read more cancellation post, it will be really amazing if SS went ahead with 1500 pieces. It may be good for those non statue collectors as the price are dropping in ebay but will be a lemon for those who bought to invest.

Monk, the Hulk vs. Spidey Diorama, the Hulk statue is not solid, its hollow, I guess it made of resin (rolo cast). But the stand is solid polystone and the Spidey statue. That's what gives this statue the weight. Too bad Hulk wasn't made of polystone...

Well I did it... I cancelled the Biker Scout!!!! :monkey2:monkey2:monkey2

This is indeed a sad day as one of my favorite guys in the SW universe was the Scout on Speeder bike. Between my new house and other peices I want I just could stomache the money. Kudos for those who can this peice will be awesome!!!

Well I did it... I cancelled the Biker Scout!!!! :monkey2:monkey2:monkey2

This is indeed a sad day as one of my favorite guys in the SW universe was the Scout on Speeder bike. Between my new house and other peices I want I just could stomache the money. Kudos for those who can this peice will be awesome!!!

I'm sure that you'll be able to pick it up down the road at a considerably lower price. Just stay on the lookout later when you don't feel such a financial crunch.:D

You know what? Sideshow should charge a fee (like 150 dollars or so) at the time of the preorder for items which cost more than 600-700 dollars, as they do with highest priced items. This way you don't have flippers (or not so many as this case shows) and edition sizes would be more limited (even If I think 1500 in the WORLD is LIMITED IMO). And people would think a little bit more about preordering it...

whatever... I had every intension on getting this guy and may still down the road... but I know I just don't want to get hit with one big bill for a collectable.

But carry on the crusade brother.. carry on! :rolleyes:

whatever... I had every intension on getting this guy and may still down the road... but I know I just don't want to get hit with one big bill for a collectable.

But carry on the crusade brother.. carry on! :rolleyes:

Well, I didn't mean to upset you It's not your case I'm talking about, but I hate when people look at edition sizes and then cancel stuff. And by the way Edition size is 1500 cause in the week it sold out the Speederbike and scout has been ordered more or less by 1500 people (including allocations for retailers). So what I'm saying is these people actually have increased the edition size and by canceling that the item will be available at a minor price on ebay. This way we don't help Sideshow doing more big Premium Formats. I do hope anyways We'll see a Jabba PF.

Well, I didn't mean to upset you It's not your case I'm talking about, but I hate when people look at edition sizes and then cancel stuff. And by the way Edition size is 1500 cause in the week it sold out the Speederbike and scout has been ordered more or less by 1500 people (including allocations for retailers). So what I'm saying is these people actually have increased the edition size and by canceling that the item will be available at a minor price on ebay. This way we don't help Sideshow doing more big Premium Formats. I do hope anyways We'll see a Jabba PF.

Maybe SS should just announce a edition size when it goes up for preorder instead of waiting on preorders to determine the size after the fact.

F all you canceling bastards. You're gonna be wicked jealous when I get this bad boy in my case and get pics up.

I am actually getting more and more excited about this piece. Can't wait for it to ship :D

There will NEVER be a Jabba PF.

Prove me wrong SS.:D

F all you canceling bastards. You're gonna be wicked jealous when I get this bad boy in my case and get pics up.

I am actually getting more and more excited about this piece. Can't wait for it to ship :D

Darth Loki! I know I'll be jealous... but some of us didn't order it cheaper. :D

Meh, it will be on SS's shelves for a long time and on ebay for $600 a few months after it's been out.

Meh, it will be on SS's shelves for a long time and on ebay for $600 a few months after it's been out.

You really think people are going to take a $200 hit on this? I sure as hell don't. Not many were given to retailers so good luck with that.

You really think people are going to take a $200 hit on this? I sure as hell don't. Not many were given to retailers so good luck with that.

I won't need luck. It will happen. There are too many of them. Yes, people will take a $200 hit on it when they want another piece and realize they don't have the room for this.

It's not a question as to if, but when it's on ebay for $600.....or less.

Look at other expensive pieces like the T-850 CM or the MR Falcon. Super expensive stuff comes down on the secondary market in most cases.

I won't need luck. It will happen. There are too many of them. Yes, people will take a $200 hit on it when they want another piece and realize they don't have the room for this.

It's not a question as to if, but when it's on ebay for $600.....or less.

Look at other expensive pieces like the T-850 CM or the MR Falcon. Super expensive stuff comes down on the secondary market in most cases.

So true. The CM pieces sell for fractions of their actual cost and people still choose to unload them at a loss. The ES on this particular PF is way too large. Either people will be getting deals through Sideshow or Sideshow will send remaining stock to it's dealers and they will discount it. At $800 and with a bad economy the future of this PF is pretty sealed. I personally would love to own one but I just couldn't afford to right now. :monkey2

So true. The CM pieces sell for fractions of their actual cost and people still choose to unload them at a loss. The ES on this particular PF is way too large. Either people will be getting deals through Sideshow or Sideshow will send remaining stock to it's dealers and they will discount it. At $800 and with a bad economy the future of this PF is pretty sealed. I personally would love to own one but I just couldn't afford to right now. :monkey2

What would be the point? You'd just sell it 3 months later anyway :monkey3

Back