I Am Officially into 1:6 LOTR!!!

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
hunky_artist said:
yay pixle! :)

Thanks Darren. :D

I just got Boromir today, slapped the Lothlorien cloak I bought from Jen and presto! He is probably my favorite of all my SSC figs so far. The costuming is just so awesome.... and that shield... I just about pooped my pants when I saw it!!! :blissy :dump

Boromir is really great! The detailing as I said when I got mine was just amazing and shows this line has the potential to be the best 1:6th line ever.

I remember you writing that. I was skeptical, because the SW line is awesome to me, but now having seen them first hand, they are a notch higher in quality from the SW line.

It's the costumes that does it. The sculpting on both are just simply awesome IMO but the LOTR costumes are just way more complex (outside of the armorded guys).

I think that with three LOTR PF's about to be announced for pre-order we're about to have a deluge on the 12" line as well. It's a fun line to collect... mostly as for me the Bond line is complete (forget the Legacy ones) and no Craig on the horizon (yet...:D ) and SW has many pre-orders ($$$$$$$ many many) so for me this line is moving at a very practical speed; however, I have a feeling that things are heating up shortly.

Like you pix I jumped on board this line late but thanks to Darth Loki I got caught up in a hurry---- I agree Josh, the costumes combined with the sculpts (not to mention the weapons/accessories) make this line fantastic. Can you imagine a Gandalf the Grey done right? Uruk-hai?... This line has legs---- patience will be key.

No doubt. Even more, Faramir is going to be a huge push for the line, not only because he's the best figure ever made (well, to me anyway), but because he's going to open the door to other non-Fellowship figures for the rest of the line. I think a lot of people were going to stick to the Fellowship figures only, but Faramir appears to be the test subject to see how well a non-Fellowship figure will sell. Lucky for me, that means extra emphasis on his quality and design. :cool: I think that after Legolas, people have started to pay more attention to the line, and now it's really drawing big crowds and excited fans. After all, some people really didn't like Aragorn before (I've always loved him!), but now they're starting to see that this line really has an unparalleled quality and an inimitable attention to style and detail. I know most of the die-hard LOTR fans fall into the Sideshow-Weta category, but as for me and my house, we shall collect 1:6 figures!

I can't imagine a 1:6 LOTR line without Elrond, Galadriel, Eowyn, etc...

Can you guys seriously imagine a time when we will get the Witch King? That will seriouslt Rock. oo oo oo and a 1:6 cold dragon (isn't that what they ride?).

They're only known as "Fell Beasts." They're not dragons, but they're aren't given any name to clarify any further. I always wondered about that. But DEFINITELY we need one in 1:6 format!

pixletwin said:
I can't imagine a 1:6 LOTR line without Elrond, Galadriel, Eowyn, etc...

Can you guys seriously imagine a time when we will get the Witch King? That will seriouslt Rock. oo oo oo and a 1:6 cold dragon (isn't that what they ride?).

I want those guys as well. I'm really dying to get GTG and Gimli next though.

Received TOE's exclusive Aragorn today and sheesh... I don't know what to say other than how plain my SW 1:6 look next to Aragorn, Legolas, and Boromir. I remember seeing the pics of Aragorn when he first came out and being less than impressed... But my how perspective changes. I f'n LOVE my LOTR figs!!!!

Thanks you Jen, TOE, Customizerwannabe, and Adam for these sweet figures.

(and thank you Memnoch21 for selling me your ex. Faramir PO).

Finally caught up with this line and I can't wait to see who comes next!

Gimli would be sweet! And I am interested in seeing how one of those buck bodies will look at that height. I hope Sideshow gets him right.

Yeah, Gimli will be awesome. I was just wondering the other day; do you guys think they will make Gimli's helmet removable or will there be 2 head sculpts?

Oh yeah, and for, I am anticipating Gandalf the Gray like Cap'n is anticipating Faramir. :gandalf

pixletwin said:
Received TOE's exclusive Aragorn today and sheesh... I don't know what to say other than how plain my SW 1:6 look next to Aragorn, Legolas, and Boromir.

I know! A couple of days ago I had to move Qui-Gon to the other side of the chest of drawers where I have Aragorn, Boromir and Legolas standing. Your eye goes right to the LOTR guys. Poor Qui looks so pitiful. :lol

Back