I Am Number Four

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I give some of the members that have been here a long time a hard time for accusing the newer members of making the forums less classy, and then some of you knuckleheads make posts that completely support their points.

Devil did it! Ink too......Master Wayne.

::points::

:nana:

I just got back from "I Am Number 4", and enjoyed it thoroughly! Great, great movie and well worth the money, IMO. Great plot, and just really enjoyable from beginning to end.

Very nice.

Anyone read this book? I would normally avoid crap like this but I'm drawn to this movie for some reason....like a nerdy moth to the flame.....

Didn't even know it was based on a book. I might have to check it out.

Found it: Pittacus Lore.

I didn't realize this is a two part series, "The Lorien Legacies." Thanks for the heads up, RJ. I'll probably go pick these up.

Movie completely surprised me. it was loads of fun, moved at a great pace and the characters were fun to watch. Loved it!

I thought it was a fun movie too. For some reason it really had an 80's vibe to it for me.
Loved the head bad guy. I wanted to see more screen time from him.

I read the book hoping for at least a Percy Jackson vibe, but the book is horrendous - more like it was written by a 15 year old than "for" 15 year olds.

The movie improved on the book quite a bit, but I didn't think it was very good and I doubt we'll see any more of the series.

Thought it was great. Would of liked to have known more of the back story instead of watching a love story unfold however.

There are a lot of scenes from Lorien in the book - I guess for the movie they were trying to get the budget down. But the author had no real idea on how to create a alien world and his talk of "driveways" and "briefcases" on Lorien just took me out of it. Usually a science fiction writer will at least make a small effort to transport you to a new culture - but not with this guy.

And there is more love story in the book than in the movie.

There are a lot of scenes from Lorien in the book - I guess for the movie they were trying to get the budget down. But the author had no real idea on how to create a alien world and his talk of "driveways" and "briefcases" on Lorien just took me out of it. Usually a science fiction writer will at least make a small effort to transport you to a new culture - but not with this guy.

And there is more love story in the book than in the movie.

Interesting. So what your saying is stay away from the book. :lol

Back