Hunger Games: Mockingjay, Part 1

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Avactionfigures

Freakzoid
Reaction score

The movie has a lock in (sources say) to bypass Guardians of the Galaxy..

the-10-highest-grossing-summer-movies-of-2014.jpg mockingjay_featured.jpg

First two movies were quite good, IMO. Looking forward to seeing the first half of the final story.

The last 2 films will make a ton of money no matter what--though the end of the story is ****. My money is on another round of the appending when this is released to give it a little extra publicity. *fingers crossed*

At this point I almost don't care about these movies anymore. Too much hype. I will be seeing it eventually though.

I found the third book annoying.

I watched the first 2 movies having never read the books. I decided to read the last one and hated it, especially the ending. Probably should shave never read it and just waited for the movies.

It's not a traditional Hollywood ending, and it will be interesting to see how that pan's out.

While the cynics here assume money is the only reason to split a book into two movies, it's also simple math that one 150 minute movie with a 200 page script (at most) can't possible cover all the material available in a 500 page book. That's the art of most adaptations - what is the truly main thread, and how do you capture all the key elements to convey that main thread? One way to get around that is to make a 300 minute movie, or two 150 minute movies. Will they make more money? Obviously. But there won't be the need to add a bunch of filler (I'm looking at you, Peter Jackson) to make these two movies - it's all there in that last book.

Saw it yesterday as well. I did the marathon AMC had, which was quite fun really. Very good movie and did a good job of bringing the book to life. The second half out next year is going to be quite action packed.

Saw this with my daughter today, have to say I wasn't impressed. Aimed at teenage girls.

Back