Hunger Games: Catching Fire - Trailer

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I'm taking the wife to see this on Sunday, are the people saying its "great" or "awesome" fans of the first one?

I'm taking the wife to see this on Sunday, are the people saying its "great" or "awesome" fans of the first one?

I wasn't a fan of the first one at all. Took the woman to see it tonight and I enjoyed it. Pleasantly surprised. Seems like they had a bigger budget. You get to see more of the world and the tech. Felt more like a grown-up sci-fi flick than the first one.

I wasn't a fan of the first one at all. Took the woman to see it tonight and I enjoyed it. Pleasantly surprised. Seems like they had a bigger budget. You get to see more of the world and the tech. Felt more like a grown-up sci-fi flick than the first one.

Nice to hear. :duff

The review I saw in today's paper gave it a C

Yeah that Ohio paper sure must be credible.

Great film, was worried at first because they got a new director but he totally delivered - lots of brilliant shots. The games were fun and all but it's the character interaction that really sells the emotion in this story. Many feels were had.

The first one wasn't bad. I don't know what anyone else was expecting, but I expected literally nothing. And I got an alright film out of it. A film I forgot in less then a week.

I was left dissatisfied. I absolutely love the cast, I think they did a great job. I loved the look of it, it looked amazing. However one thing I love about the series is the social commentary, it's the big message of the series, but I feel like it's glossed over and forgotten and never really brought to attention. It follows the story but lacks the substance. I think if I hadn't gone in knowing what was going to happen I'd have enjoyed it more, but as I read the books there were moments in the film I questioned or thought could have been altered.

I'm not hating on it because I really wanted to love it and as I said I loved the cast and cinematography. I was just disappointed by the focus of the story.

I loved the film and the new additions to the cast -- Sam Claflin and Jena Malone especially.

Harry potter syndrome. Twilight didn't need and hunger games didn't either they just want to drag the story out.

Yeah, but the 3rd book doesn't need two movies. They are only doing it to make even more money.

Well of course they are. I'm not questioning what you're saying, but all movie studios are going to milk a franchise for every penny they can.

Back