1/6 Humidity issues for Sideshow Clone Troopers

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Spyderz

Freakalicious
Reaction score
how is the quality of the recent clone figures (cody,202,501)holding up against humidity?i am staying in southeast asia where theres consistently high humidity, so naturally i am very wary of fabric trench skirts for the commander figures as well as the plastic attachments that might crack or dry rot due to humidity
this is probably one big factor i am concerned before jumping in because i wont be opening them up for the next two years until i move to my new place.
anybody has similar experiences?

Whoops.. I've had my one & only clone boxed since I bought it a couple years back - opened once to inspect, that's it.

Hope it's still ok, I'll have to check it now!! :gah: :lol

Since I am situated in S.E Asia too perhaps I could answer your question. The old suit don't stand a chance in our humidity, every piece of mine has cracked.

However the new suit which is made from a difference material is fine. No such problem.

how long ago were the cracked pieces released?
the oldest i own is commander cody.

I think it was kenobi and the 1st orange clone.
I wasn't referring to clone but figures with pleather in general, all mine survived whilst on display, but when put away the pleather deteriorated, so make sure they have those silicon baggies

Oh right - gotcha Shockie.

I've got three boxed up at the moment; EpII clone cmdr, Greedo, & Hammerhead - none of which have vinyl bits or whatever.

Cody already Came in the new suit. I think the last trooper in the old suit is the AOTC phase 1 trooper.

Back