Human Vs Non-Human Collectibles

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Marcus Wright

Super Freak
Reaction score
Hi everyone.

So I noticed that some of your collections are skewed towards collecting non-human charaters (Iron Man, Predators, endoskeletons, etc..) and some of yours for human.

Are you skewed in any direction? Why?
Do human or non-human toys impress you more?

I take both. In some ways I prefer getting human figures though - I just love it when HT nails a likeness and the stunning realism of their costumes. Truly gone are the days when these looked like barbie dolls.

I like realism in humans better. And the tailoring that often comes with them.

Don't have many non-human looking figures... just a couple Iron Mans and one Predator (which I'm not all that interested in anymore).

I take both. I do enjoy the human ones more, specially when they really make the likeness and realism top notch. However NOT having the standard Alien, Predator, Terminator and Robocop seems like a crime cause they are way too cool too :)

I collect Terminator - Predator & The Dark Knight

i have humans , well sort of like- Blade - Michael Jackson -

Thats it for me , for now , :nana:

I think plain human characters are boring like Sweeny Todd :lol

and other crappy figures like that

Terminator - Preds - & TDK FTW :nana:

Both for me, I love The Iron Man fig's & Preds ect because they just look awesome but I never used to like buying human fig's because I just thought there sculpts looked a bit naff but obviously a human sculpt is hell of alot harder to do than an Alien or Robot but then Hot Toys started producing amazing human sculpts which just look so real & which ended up opening up both doors for me. So now if it's cool, I'll want it. Like that dam Sweeney Todd HT are showing off

I like both.

I mostly have humans (or machines that look human) but I am very intrested in getting some preds. I also have a T-700 that I love. The detail and engerneering in that figure is top notch!

I collect what I like regardless of if they are human or alien or machine :)

As stated above, I'm always quite impressed when Hot Toys nails a likeness. Sideshow, too, in the case of Old Obi-Wan. I don't have a huge collection, but for years I've picked up "celebrity" action figures once in awhile. I once spent $10 on a Mego Fonzie with "thumbs-up" action, and a pretty horrible Stallone Over the Top wrestling figure.

It's nice to see HT producing killer likeness like Don Corleone and Bank Robber Joker. The stuff has come a loooong way over the years.

I like both depending on the character and series it's from, but primarily I'm about non-human characters I guess.

For human characters, they've gotta be iconic (i.e. Schwarzenegger, Michael Jackson, Bruce Lee, Harrison Ford) for me to have in my collection.

-Joe

Ok, while I collect both types, I nevertheless prefer human characters and this is why.

It is definitely true that non-human characters are easier to duplicate and the "coolness" factor is more.

But when I get a human figure that has great likeness I know more effort was put in it, and for me presonally, the wow factors is greater.

But the most important reason why I like human dolls is because you never get as big of an emotional attachment to non-humans as you get to humans in movies, thus, owning a great representation of human is more emotionally satisfying.:wink1:

Depends, but this is a solid thread. For SSC...non-human. They excel at monsters and aliens, or Mola Ram. I prefer something a bit more out of the ordinary, but a solid 1/6th scale figures is always welcome. Human or not.

I tend to collect the non human elelement more, it is so hard to replicate humans features i always find fault in my "human" likeness no matter how well done, but comic characters can be easier imo since their exact image isnt for certain unlike luke skywalker for example.

After much though I decided that I am ultimately more of a human character collector rather than non-human.

Non-humans look more impressive in hand, but for some reason humans look even more impressive on shelf.
Besides, nothing amazes me more than dead on likeness of a human.

I do both as well.

thats-what-she-said-300x300.jpg

Back