Hulk Premium Format

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Yea, they like to echo themself sometimes. :lol

I now have both the Hulk PF and Comiquette but I am still not sure which I like better. I am not into the old style Hulk but I can respect the quality and iconic style to it. The only thing I don't like about the comiquette is the paint job.

And since quality of SS is bottom low atm and I only have a few statue to look forward to this year so far, my wallet can take a breather. Gonna cut spending this year for sure.

I recently got the Hulk comiquette. I was surprised to see that the color was just off... I am not a fan of the shade of green used. The pics of the Hulk PF look better though from what I can tell.

Took some pics of my Hulk yesterday, thought I would share! Grey Hulk #107!

Forget SS's crap...if you want something done right. Get a custom Hulk made to your taste.

Chris

Unless you hire a truly top notch artist, you may be setting youself up for a remarkable disappointment. I've been collecting statues for nearly 20 years and I have so very very very rarely seen a commission worth the money. Even more rarely than that, actually.

nice pics on the grey!

I missed out on the Hulk vs Spidey grey so I was not about to miss on the grey PF - took a vacation day to make sure I was at the computer and ready to get it!

Unless you hire a truly top notch artist, you may be setting youself up for a remarkable disappointment. I've been collecting statues for nearly 20 years and I have so very very very rarely seen a commission worth the money. Even more rarely than that, actually.

dunno about that - I have seen some amazing custom jobs done ... there is a ton of talent out there that does not work for the big boys

on subject though, this is one of the best pieces ssc has done and worth every penny. as for color, if i only could get one i'd get the green since it's more iconic, since most people i show my hulks to don't even know why there's a gray version.

this sculpt was actually inspired by very early Kirby artwork so it is one of the few that actually does work as both a green and grey without any sculpting changes needed.

I do agree with you about the green being more iconic and recognizable. If I had to choose only one it would be the green for sure.

dunno about that - I have seen some amazing custom jobs done ... there is a ton of talent out there that does not work for the big boys

Emphasis on "some".

Thing is, I wouldn't say I'm that hard to please either. I own quite a few Bowen pieces which pretty much suggests (IMO) that I quite likely have remarkably forgiving tastes.

Let's use the Hulk PF as an example. How many Hulk customs can truly compete with the overall quality of that piece? Feel free to show examples of any custom built Hulk in the last 20 years. I would love to be proven wrong. I mean that sincerely as most of the stuff I have seen posted in the custom section (not including repaints or touch-ups of existing pieces) tends to look quite amateurish to me.

I'm in the same boat as you. I always collected bowen statues but now I am impressed by the design and sculpts of the sideshow premium format. I never realized how actually massive the sideshow hulk was. Im currently looking to purchase one and I cannot afford the 1500 price tag i find on ebay.

I'm in the same boat as you. I always collected bowen statues but now I am impressed by the design and sculpts of the sideshow premium format. I never realized how actually massive the sideshow hulk was. Im currently looking to purchase one and I cannot afford the 1500 price tag i find on ebay.

Welcome to the forum.

Thanks. Searching the internet for sideshow dealers I stumbled upon this forum. Its always nice to talk to fellow collectors who share the same passion as myself.

Back