Hulk Premium Format

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Well you live and you learn...and then you learn to hate some decision that were made while you were living. Circle of life :)

Good thing is next time youll pull the trigger. I wish you the best on Captain America PF. With my recent purchase of the Thor PF EX I'm out of the post release statue hunt till my funds replenish. I'm a Thor fan through and through and I just love the design of his PF so I was willing to pay a premium.

Thor PF is a great statue, congratulations.

So far the Hulk PF is one of the most tasteful use of fabric imo. The pants don't hide that much musculature and you can always just sculpt the pants on if you really wanted too. Gambit and Rogue are the other 2 PFs with great use of fabric.

I love sculpted cloth, look at Punisher com. Just wish they made larger scale versions of everything with it.

Or you could pull em down and let em sag... just like Pitu, yo :monkey1

The Hulk Comiquette is still easy enough to snag on the bay and it's a hugely under-rated piece IMO. Unless you are absolutely nuts for the kirby design (or unless it's 1/4 or fail) then I'd say the comiquette is a strong choice; especially as it wont cost you a grand

The Hulk Comiquette is still easy enough to snag on the bay and it's a hugely under-rated piece IMO. Unless you are absolutely nuts for the kirby design (or unless it's 1/4 or fail) then I'd say the comiquette is a strong choice; especially as it wont cost you a grand

:goodpost: Exactly the pose on the comiquette is just so dynamic I can only see it going up in value, those who pass it up now ill regret it later!

:goodpost: Exactly the pose on the comiquette is just so dynamic I can only see it going up in value, those who pass it up now ill regret it later!

Agreed. I started collecting a f months ago and as such decided to go with the comiquette because I think it's not only an amazingly designed statue with loads of attitude to boot but also because I can't afford another house note for the PF. Congrats to those that have him from everything I've seen it's a good build and from the resell value apparently highly sought after...oh does anyone want to sell me theirs for really cheap...anyone....:slap

Oh well
:)

And if you think that's expensive:

https://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=110662169128&ssPageName=STRK:MEWAX:IT

At a stage I felt it'll hit the 5k mark. Now most collectors, myself included, argue that steve wang's 1/3 predator cinemaquette is the more impressive piece. The reason why this sold for higher imo? It's older, it's harder to find; even though its smaller and not as detailed as the cinemaquette.

My point? there's a lot more to the price of these pieces than badassery. A badass piece released today would probably sell less than a less badass one released 5 years ago. That's why pieces like Olivetti's Venom, Punisher, and Hulk would so explode in price anyone that didnt get them now would pay x2, x3 or even x4 their value in coming years...

I remember when I struggled to sell my Thor PF for something like $300 a couple years ago. The other day it sold for something like a grand :monkey3

The Hulk PF is impressive. But, to pass up on the Olivetti Hulk--especially if you arent a fan of the Kirby design--is something that a lot of newer collectors should re-think. I've had both pieces and I have no regrets selling my Hulk PF. Loved Olivetti's exaggeration, was never a fan of the Kirby design but hey, nothing else was out there by SS, until the comiquette came along.

The Hulk PF is impressive. But, to pass up on the Olivetti Hulk--especially if you arent a fan of the Kirby design--is something that a lot of newer collectors should re-think. I've had both pieces and I have no regrets selling my Hulk PF. Loved Olivetti's exaggeration, was never a fan of the Kirby design but hey, nothing else was out there by SS, until the comiquette came along.

It's nice to have options. Especially of the fully sculpted variety.

Yup, in six months time your Hulk premium formats will be nothing more than 45lbs green gorilla looking paper weights. Unload them now while you can.

Ugly monkey Hulk with with pajama panties will be worthless soon :lecture

Wow, that's pretty straight forward! I agree on the ugliness, but I think the price will go up and down and eventually up as time goes by. This piece has nostalgia written all over it because it's an imprint of the classic Kirby look. I am not a fan at all of this look, but it's a part of the history of Hulk that you have to capture. Not too many people like the look of the Hulk comiquette version, but I love it! Raging, towering, muscle bound beast is what I envision Hulk as and this piece defines that. I would like to change the hair and the green color tone, but it's still good to me. On this PF piece I just can't get past the Ape look and the pants!?

On this PF piece I just can't get past the Ape look and the pants!?

Shame.

As a devoted Kirby fan, this PF is straight-out badass to me.
Andy Bergholtz just nailed it. :yess:
Unfortunately, I couldn't get in on it when it was offered and then the price skyrocketed out of a safe "atmosphere" for my wallet, much like the Olivetti Venom is currently doing.

I'm hoping(/praying) for an eventual "softening" of the secondary maket for this monster. :pray:

yeah you and me both bro, i imagine we will see a few more hulks over the years, making this one maybe slightly less expensive ;)

Shame.

Unfortunately, I couldn't get in on it when it was offered and then the price skyrocketed out of a safe "atmosphere" for my wallet, much like the Olivetti Venom is currently doing.

I'm hoping(/praying) for an eventual "softening" of the secondary maket for this monster. :pray:

That's awesome! There's nothing like seeing a perfect rendition of a character sculpted exactly how the artist you like drew him/her! I know the feeling...I love McFarlane art so when I saw this Spiderman piece...I had to have it!

DSC01794.jpg

It sucks that hype and statue fiends that pay high prices for a statue make buying something out of our range, but that's the nature of collecting...I guess!? I'm sure having the Avengers movies around will only add to the hype...so I don't see these declining any time soon.

Shame.

Wont happen sorry :wave

Wont happen sorry :wave

Ever the wet blanket. :nana:

As it is, there's always deals to be found, say, if I have something a Hulk PF owner may want in a "fair trade" somewhere down the line.

Case in point - I'm just about to close a sweet trade that'll get me a Hot Toys MMS DX02 Batman in a few days. :yess:

No inflated eBay prices for me, thankyaverymuch. :)

Kirby's Design....Olivetti's Design......

Does it really matter??? I mean, people like different things and taste varies so to say that one is better than the other doesn't seem fair to me.

I think Olivetti's is a great representation, but I have the PF and to me that is the ultimate Hulk. That was my first sideshow piece and I pick that over the Comiquette....

But who really cares what I think? You like what you like and it becomes useless discussion when people start to say "No...Olivetti's is badass....NO....the PF is more Badass...."

Both are awesome and if you can have the 2 of them, more power to you...

Cheers

Bear

This guy I know is selling his Green one to me for $1100 & he's gonna drop it off if I go through with the deal. Is that a good deal?

Back