HT x Hasbro Star Wars

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
:lecture

That sounds like the most logical, reasonable answer.

Actually given this line "
ハスブロ グループ ルーカスフィルム ホットトーイズの新しいパートナーシップにどうぞご期待ください。

Please expect more in new partnership of Hasbro Group, Lucasfilm and Hot Toys. "

I think Hot toys are trying to get into bed with hasbro. I suspect they intend to take over the asia 1/6th line from Medicom, then they will not be restricted by SSC. Also this may be why we have not heard anything from them even though we know what was planned for production with Anakin and Han.
If they could sign a deal directly as the asian 1/6th ...no royalties needed to be paid for SSC and no limit on what they can develop!!!!

Please expect more in new partnership of Hasbro Group, Lucasfilm and Hot Toys. "

I think Hot toys are trying to get into bed with hasbro. I suspect they intend to take over the asia 1/6th line from Medicom, then they will not be restricted by SSC. Also this may be why we have not heard anything from them even though we know what was planned for production with Anakin and Han.
If they could sign a deal directly as the asian 1/6th ...no royalties needed to be paid for SSC and no limit on what they can develop!!!!

:panic::panic::panic:............:thud:

That would make sense... although I won't believe it until I see it. Although it's not like Medicom has set the world on fire with their figures and the UU ones are an overpriced joke.

That would make sense... although I won't believe it until I see it. Although it's not like Medicom has set the world on fire with their figures and the UU ones are an overpriced joke.

I think that fact would be to HT's advantage in order to steal the license away from Medi. They can show Hasbro what a success their Luke was, especially compared to how poorly Medi SW figures seem to sell.

If you're right, Craig, then I can't see it being a quick process and it taking another couple of years before we see anything. UNLESS Medi's contract is up for renewal this year, then it would be the perfect chance for HT to steal the account from Medi.

Regardless, I would think the HT Anakin and Han would be part of a deal they made with Sideshow, and that they would still be under obligation to deliver.

I think that fact would be to HT's advantage in order to steal the license away from Medi. They can show Hasbro what a success their Luke was, especially compared to how poorly Medi SW figures seem to sell.

If you're right, Craig, then I can't see it being a quick process and it taking another couple of years before we see anything. UNLESS Medi's contract is up for renewal this year, then it would be the perfect chance for HT to steal the account from Medi.

Regardless, I would think the HT Anakin and Han would be part of a deal they made with Sideshow, and that they would still be under obligation to deliver.

I agree its all speculation...but given the hiatus from HOT TOYS and SSC on the star wars DX line, and this move to distribute hasbro related products, with the quote I underlined, it seems like the only plausible explanation.
Also through Marvel/Disney HOT TOYS already has a very established relationship.

This would be a dream come true and is what I'm hoping for. Medicom's a joke and I'd love it if they got shoved aside in favour of HT. I suspect SSC and HT would still coordinate their releases, though. Doesn't make sense for them to compete against one another. Sure hope this is what is actually happening. Maybe we'll learn more at SDCC.

What is even more interesting is that in the SSC general thread, our australian counterparts are claiming SSC no longer ship HOTTOYS Marvel products. Specifical the avengers figures??
MARVEL= DISNEY=LUCASFILM=STARWARS...big stretch but interesting developement.

Back