HT The Dark Knight New Costume PHOTO Thread.

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: The Dark Knight New Costume PHOTO Thread.

That's generally the case with the hands. This might seem unconventional, but covering it with cloth and taking it out with your teeth will work great :D

Then, you can sand the pegs (the ones that go into the hands) down along the sides so that they'll slip in and out easier. I added some oil to help that. I don't think this'll keep it from coming out along with the hands, though, but at least there's less risk of breakage when you try to pull it out from the hand.

Has anyone tried putting it in the other way, seeing as the split peg seems to have a tighter fit? I'm too scared of it breaking to dare.
Damn I just broke my bat hand.
img3689je3.jpg

BE CAREFUL GUYS!!!

I've never owned a Hot Toys figure before so I am unfamiliar with the mechanics of removing the hands. Seeing what happened with Agen's bat hands and hearing other members difficulties in getting the hands off has me a little...worried. Could someone be kind enough to post advice,tips, and maybe photos on how to remove these hands? Thanks in advance and most appreciated.

hey guys just opened mines today, i accidently made one of his cylinders on his belt fall off, seems like glueing it back is the only option. can anybody recommend which glue is needed for this? thanks

I just got my TDK from an HK ebay seller. I can't remember when I ordered...May? I don't know if this is from Wave 1 or Wave 2.

Overall, this figure is absolutely outstanding. I paid $108 for Clone Obiwan and $140 for Batman. This is my second Hot Toys purchase, following V1 Joker. The sharp increase in quality makes me wish Hot Toys had a Star Wars license. Maybe then there would be some competition and Sideshow would strive for better. But there are a couple issues I need to work on.

1) The yellow cylinder he is holding came loose in the box. Do I need to glue this onto the belt?

f0zuvb.jpg

yes same thing happened to me, i think it needs to be glued back on as i felt some stickiness inside the cylinder hole

I'm pretty sure the batsuit is dry clean only.

What's Batman put in those anyways? Cigars? Pennies!?

He puts a bunch of replicas of Two-Face's coin in there so that when Two-Face flips his coin, Batman can throw up a handful of his replicas, confusing Two-Face and making him fall to his death.

I don't know if it helps you guys with bat-breakage but if my buyer doesn't come through by tonight I'll probably be parting out an original suit TDK Bats. Not sure if the pins are identical to the new suit figure, though.

Heh, this thread is funny.

I knew it. Probably breath mints just in case he hooks up with Cat Woman. Or maybe Bat-Condoms/Bat-Lube. Same reason. Cat Woman is a whore.

Now you've taken it too far and killed the humour.

I've never owned a Hot Toys figure before so I am unfamiliar with the mechanics of removing the hands. Seeing what happened with Agen's bat hands and hearing other members difficulties in getting the hands off has me a little...worried. Could someone be kind enough to post advice,tips, and maybe photos on how to remove these hands? Thanks in advance and most appreciated.

hey i have a plan witch might work.
I do not have one of my own yet but this should work looking at the pics.

Rool the sleave up on the arm to the the elbow and on the usual true type there is a screw hole and u can unscrew it and open the arm and take out the old socket if not i would cut it and glue it back to together cause it will be the easyest way of getting out.
Then just get a new set of pegs of ebay.
if this cannot work roll up the sleeves and take more pics so we can all brain storm. good luck :D

if you do it my way you won't have to roll up the sleeve and possibly damage MORE.

Agen: if you still can't get that ball joint out this might help. Get a nail and a screw (that slightly larger) and some pliers. Heat up the nail (in the blue part of the flame) and then insert it into the center of the ball joint. Then screw in the screw and make sure it's a tight fit. Then leave it. Let the plastic contract and tighten around the screw even further. Then simply yank it out. Should work. Let me know.

Bit if there is just a screw conecting the for arm of this figure (like all trye types) i can think of anything more simple than just unscrewing it and putting it back together :cool:

If you do it the other way you can run the risk of damageing the insides aswell as the peg.

Bit if there is just a screw conecting the for arm of this figure (like all trye types) i can think of anything more simple than just unscrewing it and putting it back together :cool:

If you do it the other way you can run the risk of damageing the insides aswell as the peg.

There is no screw holes on the lower arm on the TDK body, unlike the regular True Type. The lower arm is a skinnier version, and is glued together instead of being screwed together.

Besides, even though sometimes some limb parts are held together by screws, there are glue used on some in addition to the screw (like many Medicom limbs). So not all parts can be opened up easy, and it really depends on which section you are trying to open up.

how do you guys manage to break parts?! I handly mine like they are antiques or something lol, be careful dudez

well my cylinder thing on the belt was already half detached when i got it, i hate it when things break but thank god its not a joint or anything

.. never thought how much an ordeal shipment is until hearing from you guys. I'm a new comer in HT collecting. The only figure I got is Original Costume Batman, and in two weeks I should receive my v1 Joker. So, I can't consider myself lucky or anything until I have bought a bunch of figures. Though I'm not asking for a defect or anything. All I'm saying is that it's a shame to know that such an expensive collectible should be made so fragile.

But then again, they made such great looking figures... D4mn you, HT!

Back