HT The Dark Knight New Costume PHOTO Thread.

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: The Dark Knight New Costume PHOTO Thread.

Damn I just broke my bat hand.
img3689je3.jpg

BE CAREFUL GUYS!!!

that sucks Agen. I hope you get it fixed.

after I was done taking some pics and for my video I put him in one pose and I will probably never touch him again.
I dont like playing with them to avoid accidents. This things are too expensive and the last thing I want to do is break them.

Well, they needed to pose them constantly or else we wouldn't have gotten all those fantastic photos they've taken.

Plus, historically the wrists aren't that much of an issue, HT just used a poor design for these Batman figures. It's quite curious why they opted for the older style wrist joints with the fatter ends instead of the newer ones with the Sideshow style tips, hands transfer off them very easily.

Agen: if you still can't get that ball joint out this might help. Get a nail and a screw (that slightly larger) and some pliers. Heat up the nail (in the blue part of the flame) and then insert it into the center of the ball joint. Then screw in the screw and make sure it's a tight fit. Then leave it. Let the plastic contract and tighten around the screw even further. Then simply yank it out. Should work. Let me know.

I had this happen to me on my original suit Bats. For me it wasn't removing the hand that caused it to break but rather trying to bend the wrist too far, or in the wrong direction (eg side to side when the ball was positioned for back and forward motion). Lightly sanding down the pegs will help the hands to swap in and out easier, and also makes the joint a bit more likely to turn to the right direction if you try bending it the wrong way. If it does break, apparently it can be fixed by heating up a sewing needle and inserting it into the plastic between the broken peg and ball section, then using a bit of super glue to complete the joint. It might be worthwhile trying to reinforce the joints before they break by doing that (it kinda makes sense - the plastic holding the peg to the ball is quite thin, so inserting a metal pin into it should make it stronger) but don't blame me if you try it and it causes problems!

Already own them.

If I didnt want to pose them, i'd buy a statue.

I agree, these are made for posing hence the articulation on these figs. Why buy 12inch action Figs if u can't pose. I understand these should not be extremely played with but posing should not be a problem especially if one is using this as a selling point. If u don't want to pose, then Busts and Staues are around for that.

Already own them.

If I didnt want to pose them, i'd buy a statue.

Thats not what you said, there's a difference of posing and taking time with it. Then there is what you described like a 7yr old bashing the heck out of 5 - 6" plastic toys. https://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=g_Ow_DqlBuY

Whatever makes you happy though. :)

Playing/poseing, its the same to me. I didnt describe smashing and bashing playing at all....

Well what other definition is there to playing? what do kids do with action figures? There's a hint in that video.

Guys, it's just a simple miscommunication.

Pretty much everyone on this board collects figures like this, not buy them to play with like action figures when you're 7 years, for $150 that'd be rediculous.

It's pretty much common SSF lingo to say you play with your figure when you're posing it a lot to test out what the figure's capable of or you're taking photos.

Yep. I mean, does anyone here play "PEW PEW BANG BANG!" style? Mabye...but thats not the term used here. So....

my flat is really really hot , I'm paranoied these are gonna start melting , I seriously need an air con or something.

Back