HT The Dark Knight New Costume PHOTO Thread.

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: The Dark Knight New Costume PHOTO Thread.

Great photos, Agen! The two best 1/6 superhero figures on the market, bar none.

Is it just me or are the fists on TDK Batman bigger than the BB suit one? (actually, almost everything is bigger, obviously, but that's not the point). I'd like to think HT got it right because the gloves Batman wore in TDK (film) looked to be of a thicker material than the gloves from the original suit in BB.

So...jealous...can't...wait...2...more...weeks....so....weak...now....

Original & The Dark Knight

batmantdk01agenkolarru5.jpg

batmantdk02agenkolaros0.jpg

batmantdk03agenkolarft7.jpg

batmantdk04agenkolarhg7.jpg

:lol :lol :lol :lol :lol :lol
Love that last pic agen.
JOKER LOVE !!

I still don't think it's dead on, but I do think the new Bale looks more like him than the first head.

I liked the new one more, but i never really noticed how very similar they are until seeing them side by side like that. New one looks alot better but

i wonder what it would look like, if you put the DK neck and head on the BB body

Any issue with the suit on these areas?For those that have recieved theirs...

Paint coming off or anything?This has been my concern from the start,if its fine i might order it after all.

Nope. Mine's just dandy. I've been messing alot with that area too so that's a good sign.

Nope. Mine's just dandy. I've been messing alot with that area too so that's a good sign.

Thanks,nice to have that out the world,because in the past ive had so much problems with such suits.

What Hot Toys Truetype body color would work best for the Bruce Wayne head that comes with the Dark Knight Batman Hot Toy? Between the Asian V.2 or the Cacasian V.2?

he looks alittle bit lighter this time around.. so I think the asian one would be fine... but they're both pretty close so I don't think it matters.

um... am i the only one that's disappointed? i mean... i think medicom's TDK looks better now

Got my TDK Batman today!!! This thing is fantastic!!!

Body and head look proportion is person. I honestly do not see the need to dremel the chest. Here are some pics that show off the detail of the suit front and back and the proportion with cape and without. Sorry for the grainy quality of the pics. It's been raining here everyday and it's really cloudy. I will take better pics again when the weather improves.

Despite being made from essentially a one piece rubber material, it doesn't look one piece at all. In fact the suit detail is very complicated and looks like it's made from many different material. The suit design is as accurate as it gets despite not constructed using film accurate methods. I reckon the reason HT when the rubber suit route is because of playability and durability.

DSC01836.jpg

DSC01837.jpg

DSC01838.jpg

DSC01841.jpg

DSC01842.jpg

This suit is indeed more poseable than the Original suit. Despite being made from the same material, the TDK suit feels even thinner, stretchier and yet at the same time feels more durable somehow. It's hard to explain but if you have two of the suits on hand, the difference becomes apparent.

The cape is made from the same material as the Ori Suit which could be good and bad. Good in the sense that it is good quality material, two layers, and doesn't really attract much dust. Bad because it still doesn't hang as well as the Takara cape. Depending on how you pose the cape, it will greatly change the look of Batman. He can look really bulky and fat because of the cape. Thankfully, the cape is easily removeable so those who want to change their cape to some other material will be able to do so without much trouble (other than making a new cape that is).

HT also took the opportunity to fix certain flaws on that plague their Ori Suit Batman, namely the weak ankles and belt that doesn't hold the gappling gun tight.

The ankles are tight this time, holding fighting poses well. It's still not Takara tight but tight enough that I feel secure posing Batman without a stand.

The grappling stays tight this time at the back of the belt. In the Ori Suit Batman, it's so lose that it will drop each time I play with my Ori Suit Batman.

I love the choice of expression for the cowl sculpt this time. The eyes on a normal level looks like it's looking up but tilt Bat's head down a little and it will look like it's burning a hole into your eyes. Works really great for the interrogation scene. As you can see from the pics, Batman can actually tilt his head down quite a bit, as much as a human head allows. No need to dremel the neck either.

The Bruce Wayne head has a determine/angry expression this time. I don't remember him having such an expression in the movie and would have honestly prefer a different expression. But I guess this captures Bale better than the previous sculpt.

The skin detail has been tone down for both headsculpt which is a good thing. The skin detailing on the previous figure is so harsh that it looks like Batman and Bruce got a bad day of acne. Another plus is that fairer looking skin tone on both sculpt. Now Batman and Bruce doesn't look like they spent the whole day under the hot soon.

DSC01843.jpg

DSC01848.jpg

DSC01847.jpg

DSC01840.jpg

DSC01845.jpg

I have two gripe with this figure. Gripe number one being the lack accessories. Other than the hands, we get two batarang, the grappling gun, and the mini bomb. It's the same thing from Ori suit Batman.

I (and lots of others I believe) will gladly trade all these for the sticky bomb gun. Despite the months of delays and requests, HT still fails to give us the most requested Batman weapon. I mean how hard is it to design one now that the movie is out? It's really the only thing missing from this most excellent figure.

Gripe no two is a minor one (and most probably wouldn't notice) is the Bat logo on his chest is a little too big. In a way I can understand the reason HT went with the bigger logo. In the movie, the logo is so small that so barely see it and translated that into a figure and it will look silly. HT compromises on this. We get a slightly inaccurate logo (size wise) but looks more obvious and better too (IMHO).

However, at the end of the day, despite the minor flaws this is without a doubt the best TDK Batman figure in the market now. Medicom will have a hard time topping this one honestly, especially at the the price they are selling. They also have a habit of the product not quite looking like the prototype (look at the Indiana Jones stuff). Those on the fence should really go with HT. I have a feeling that they will be a sudden surge of demand for HT TDK suit when the Medicom TDK suit is release next year.

Any questions of request feel free to ask. I will try my best to answer of fulfill them.

Gripe no two is a minor one (and most probably wouldn't notice) is the Bat logo on his chest is a little too big. In a way I can understand the reason HT went with the bigger logo. In the movie, the logo is so small that so barely see it and translated that into a figure and it will look silly. HT compromises on this. We get a slightly inaccurate logo (size wise) but looks more obvious and better too (IMHO).

Any questions of request feel free to ask. I will try my best to answer of fulfill them.

It's funny how some keep bringing that up. The logo looks fine to me.

1.jpg

It's funny how some keep bringing that up. The logo looks fine to me.

1.jpg
The real logo is only slightly wider than the head while on the HT, it's quote a bit more wider than the head.

However, it's a really minor thing which I don't mind. Despite the prototype pics being out for months I never realized too until someone here mentioned it when the final product pics started showing up. To me, it's a none issue really. Just pointing it out cause they are people who really nitpick about stuff like this.

Back