HT The Dark Knight New Costume PHOTO Thread.

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: The Dark Knight New Costume PHOTO Thread.

Excellent pictures. Looking at the suit without the chestplate I suddenly realised what it reminded me of - the still-suits from Dune. I'd been thinking for ages that it reminded me of something, but couldn't think what.

Great pics, I'll get some of mine ohh err!

What is futzing? and how does one futz? :confused:

Futzing is where you sort of fool with it and try to get it in the right place. Like with the Joker I took off his coats and to fix the tie and everything and then put the coats back on while making sure that each one went on correctly.

Usually out of the box the figures don't have the clothes on very well. So you futz with them.

This looks much better proportioned

100_1370_640x480.jpg

The cape on mine is a little like that nozzlewizard, just be patient and 'futz' and it should work out. :)

CristiMAN, the peg/wrist connector problem is a common issue on the HT Bats figures.

For anyone further interested in how the suit comes apart:

100_1346_640x480.jpg

This is the best place to separate to allow removal of the chest plate I think.
100_1347_640x480.jpg

was it hard to detach? was it glued?

also, was it hard to separate the pieces that connect to the pants?

The cape on mine is a little like that nozzlewizard, just be patient and 'futz' and it should work out. :)

100_1370_640x480.jpg

Whats with the cape..., it looks superman short than what I saw of the other pics where it was just a notch off the floor.

was it hard to detach? was it glued?

also, was it hard to separate the pieces that connect to the pants?

Heh, the part you haven't quoted actually explains this slightly. There was some pretty strong glue joing the upper torso rubber to the 'pants' rubber. Had to very gently pull and make tiny snips with scissors to separate without rupturing it! So fairly nerve-wracking, but not THAT hard.

Whats with the cape..., it looks superman short than what I saw of the other pics where it was just a notch off the floor.

Dunno, haven't modded it at all. The very back tip is touching in that pic, but the sides never have. That's outta the box capering. :D

They shouldn't have glued the shirt to the pants, would allow more hip/leg articuluation if the pants could move a little.

I'm curious on what type of glue they have used, as certain glues can have drastic side effects on these rubber materials over time fairly quickly.

They shouldn't have glued the shirt to the pants, would allow more hip/leg articuluation if the pants could move a little.

well, he can crouch so it doesn't seem like it's restricting the range of movement too much.

Took a few pictures of the new Batman and Joker tonight.

2927847238_6e0fa2cba8.jpg

2926991401_8d0c16ec9f.jpg

2927848316_062265df5d.jpg

I think I prefer the original suit head. The mouth is grimmer.

Is there any chance you could do a comparison shot of the extra Bale heads from the original suit and TDK versions?

Thanks for the pictures by the way - they're really nice and sharp.

Sorry, its the Batman Begins figure using the newly sculpted head so I don't have the Bruce head for that figure, only the Dark Knight one.

Shocking that somebody in the UK has it already :/

Still nobody has shown how far the cape spreads. The wing tips should have went down to the floor, but oh well. Looks like it's going to look like 89 Batman cape style in a circular way. Rather than the wide <----------> Batman Begins cape style. From left tip to right tip.

Follow?

batman_begins.jpg

Wow, really loving these shots.

I suddenly realized how much more I like the expression on the TDK Batman than the Original suit Bat sculpt. The TDK Batman looks like he's focused on something while the OriSuit Batman is staring into space. It lacks any sort of emotion and is saved by the furrowed brow of the cowl.

The TDK Batman just looks meaner.

Wow, really loving these shots.

I suddenly realized how much more I like the expression on the TDK Batman than the Original suit Bat sculpt. The TDK Batman looks like he's focused on something while the OriSuit Batman is staring into space. It lacks any sort of emotion and is saved by the furrowed brow of the cowl.

The TDK Batman just looks meaner.

I really think it depends on the angle of the head. They both can look "serene" at times, and "mean" at others depending on the angle.

I really think it depends on the angle of the head. They both can look "serene" at times, and "mean" at others depending on the angle.

Indeed.

2808055573_33937da1c1.jpg

2873913332_303b22408f.jpg
2873804880_417f5e4ddc.jpg

Does the new suit allow greater movement like in the movie, or is the actual figure less flexible than the BB Bats?

Great pics. I need to find something I can use for the prison bench.

Original & The Dark Knight

batmantdk01agenkolarru5.jpg

batmantdk02agenkolaros0.jpg

batmantdk03agenkolarft7.jpg

batmantdk04agenkolarhg7.jpg

Back