HT The Dark Knight New Costume PHOTO Thread.

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: The Dark Knight New Costume PHOTO Thread.

tdkcapelit.jpg

It's mean we will see new Batman next month.

Could it maybe just mean that there will be another production run of these in March, like there will be for the V1 Joker? Or does it definitely mean a new version?

Also nice pics, Kaizer. :clap

As much as I love this figure, I hate to see it photographed in very unflattering lighting/poses. The figure can look amazing and very slim given the right light/pose, but some poses just destroy this figure completely. It looks fat and chunky and down right hideous but I am very picky....The short cape has to look PERFECT for me, I dont like it all bunched up where it clips in and I dont like to see the edges swing in front of his legs, I get picky about his had positions and arms and just about everythign really! HAHA

Well unless it's a hugely different figure with worthwhile enough accessories, which I can't imagine what more they can do, I won't buy it. All I can think of them really adding is sonar eyes, sticky gun and the backpack, they'll piss off everyone if it's a better proportioned version of the TDK suit, so likely it'll be same figure we all have with just a few new items, not worth another $150 to me. What would be nice is if it was Bruce Wayne, not Batman.

Considering DC Direct just started their run last month was it not? If it's supposedly true, and some people don't follow Hot Toys. Imagine how pissed off they would feel after splurging this cash to find out a new one is supposedly coming. That they never knew and if they did they would have probably waited.

So cool, Magnuz. Love the lighting.

As much as I love this figure, I hate to see it photographed in very unflattering lighting/poses. The figure can look amazing and very slim given the right light/pose, but some poses just destroy this figure completely. It looks fat and chunky and down right hideous but I am very picky....The short cape has to look PERFECT for me, I dont like it all bunched up where it clips in and I dont like to see the edges swing in front of his legs, I get picky about his had positions and arms and just about everythign really! HAHA

This figure is a lot of fun to pose and photograph, but it's also very challenging. The right conditions can really make it look superb, like Magnuz' shot above, not seeing the shoulder pads and the highlight lighting on the chest makes him look less broad than he really is. Some angles and lighting make the pecs look really small, others blow it way out of proportion. Add to that, the lens doesn't always capture things the way your eye sees them. I've set up poses, looked for angles to shoot from, thought it looked good, then go to snap the shot and the photo isn't as nice as what I saw.

Yeah, he sure looks perfect in Magnuz's and blakus939's (pictured) shots.

DSCF0760.jpg

This figure is a lot of fun to pose and photograph, but it's also very challenging. The right conditions can really make it look superb, like Magnuz' shot above, not seeing the shoulder pads and the highlight lighting on the chest makes him look less broad than he really is. Some angles and lighting make the pecs look really small, others blow it way out of proportion. Add to that, the lens doesn't always capture things the way your eye sees them. I've set up poses, looked for angles to shoot from, thought it looked good, then go to snap the shot and the photo isn't as nice as what I saw.

totally agree with you...the photos you hhave posted on here have looked amazing maul fan and magnuz's are brilliant as well. u both obv has excellent photography skills you also demonstrate the ability to pose the figure in a pose that both flatters the figures and makes it look as life like as possible. it just irritates me when some pics u see on this thread have clearly had no thort go into them...someones just randomly stood the figure up and not pposed it at all...lol grrrr gets me every time! but ill get over it lol

Still waiting on mine from STATUETOYS.com! This is really frustrating.:(
Especially after seeing all of your shots. :)

Still waiting on mine from STATUETOYS.com! This is really frustrating.:(
Especially after seeing all of your shots. :)

I know what you mean. I'm still waiting on one I got on Ebay. :banghead I got tired of waiting so I bought an in stock one. Hopefully I can sell the Ebay one when I get it.

Well I just attached my new cape. I accidentally sewed one of the clips on upside down, but its all good now. :D

1235438835.jpg
1235438661.jpg

1235438623.jpg

Just one more to go. Actually two more since the announcement of a cop Joker. :monkey2

It looks wicked!

Thanks, man. I think the improved cape really adds a lot to this already awesome figure. I still have to sand the neck a bit so he can look down more and cut the v at the back of the cape.

1235514753.jpg

Last edited:

Nice pose Dally. Love how the cape swing around like that. BTW, doesn't it seem easier to put the clips on after you sew it on the custom cape?

Last edited:
Back