HT The Dark Knight New Costume PHOTO Thread.

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: The Dark Knight New Costume PHOTO Thread.

Might need to source for resellers, as long price reasonable (depends individual), its a cool figure to have! I just returned from Hong Kong and was told "Quota reached" for this Dark Knight suit Batman.

Is this version worth getting even if I have the HT original suit?

IMO, its worth adding to your Dark Knight collection but not like paying ridiculous price for it. I got mine for 160US, price in Hong Kong was like 210US to 220US!

If you have the money and the means, than yes, absolutely. It's a spectacular figure, which is more playable than the OS, because of the neck. It's also a kickass look from the new movie so if you want both costumes then get it.

tdkposes6.jpg

Yea, I have the OS Batman by Hot toys too, only thing I'm concerned is their rubber suit to degrade in time...:monkey2

There are a few comic shops around the area that sell it for $175. Saves me somewhat as far as shipping/handling, as well as not having to wait for the product to arrive. Don't know if the price is too ridiculous to double dip. I already spent $165 each on my BR Joker, Joker V1, and Original Suit Batman. Those were shipped out from online retailers though.

Suprised to see it selling for that amount in Hong Kong. You'd think it would be cheaper unless they have low levels of stock.

Is this version worth getting even if I have the HT original suit?

If you have the money and the means, than yes, absolutely. It's a spectacular figure, which is more playable than the OS, because of the neck. It's also a kickass look from the new movie so if you want both costumes then get it.

Absolutely, as Magnuz said, the "fun" factor is so much more than the original suit figure.

The OS figure is a wonderful, amazing replica of that suit, but as a figure, it's fairly statuesque because of the actual suit design and the figure suit design.

The TDK suit figure looks sharp, even if not 100% accurrate in proportions, and the design of the figure suit allows a great range of motion and poseability, so it's much more fun. And from what I gather on here and in my own experience, the foot joints are much sturdier on the TDK vs Begins figures.

I would pay for that price if I'm lookin to complete (almost...) the collection, I paid that price for Iron Man MK3 to skip the waiting/shipping time. :lol

Eventually, it will still depends on individual. If there are ample stocks in your area, not to hurry and look out for better deals.

Ugh...I want this so bad! It's out of stock practically everywhere except for urban-collector....but the price is 175 + shipping....if it was only 150....

I can totally see Hot Toys revisiting this as a 100% accurate v2 figure with light-up sonar head and TDK-based accessories. They did it with their Superman Returns figure, and their Batman Begins figure, so I would be more surprised if they didn't do it with their TDK figure.

I can totally see Hot Toys revisiting this as a 100% accurate v2 figure with light-up sonar head and TDK-based accessories. They did it with their Superman Returns figure, and their Batman Begins figure, so I would be more surprised if they didn't do it with their TDK figure.

Probably just before the next movie hits.

Way I see it, other than maybe some more sculpt tweaks on the cowl, nothing is going to get better on this figure unless HT designs an entirely different base body, not reworking shoulders, but reworking the whole base body. The rubber's thin, the chest plate really isn't bulky, the issues revolve around the body they laid it all over and it's just not right, and I don't imagine HT doing a one time use body, which it would be because it's design would be specifically to accommodate the TDK suit design.

They may do a sonar Batman with sticky gun someday, but outside of the head and gun, and maybe a few alternate accessories, the figure itself won't be much of an improvement.

I finally said screw it an just ordered an In Stock one from Urban Collector. Hopefully I'll be able to sell the one I have pre-ordered (which I already paid for, by the way :mad:) when it comes in and make back what I paid.

Just got my shipping notice!!! should be here on monday!!! :D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D

has anybody heard anything about statue toyson this figure and br joker? ...anything?

How does the cape work on this like how do you attach it?

there are little clips on the ends where it attaches and they just slide into position , it make take some finessing to make them fit right, on mine I didn't have an issue.

I am actually looking for spare cape clips if anybody knows of anyone selling them, couldn't find them on ebay and I really don't want to contact Hot toys because I have heard they never get back to you.

Back