HT The Dark Knight New Costume PHOTO Thread.

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: The Dark Knight New Costume PHOTO Thread.

Got my new TDK Batman last nite only to find that he had one of the blades on his gauntlet missing :{ wasnt too happy seein as tho i dont know what to do bout it...
Pix up soon.

Few things I think about fig:
1.Awesome attention to detail
2.Rubber suit over truetype fig is great and flexible
3.gauntlet looks fragile
4.neck doesnt allow enough movement to pose him with his chin down looking mean
5. chest is slightly puffed out like a 'puffin chest'
6. sumthing going on with the stomach like a bit of a bulge
7. waist is a little wide but not that bad

Dont know about Dremelling cos of the fragility of the fig. so will wait and see what others show up...

thats my two cents worth,
but figs are a representation of a character, not a perfect replica and so must conform to the 'superhero' type build masculine and all...

well done HOT TOYS
Brilliant fig, and looks great next to my hot toys joker in the cabinet.

One more thing;
I find that from looking at pix on here; that an unrepainted joker looks quite out of place next to a batman for sum reason.

(possibly looks too cartoony if thats the word) one with a quality repaint enhances the lifelikeness like in the film and then the two go really well together

Got my new TDK Batman last nite only to find that he had one of the blades on his gauntlet missing :{ wasnt too happy seein as tho i dont know what to do bout it...

I've heard this before with the Begins version. Thats sad. Must be a manufacturing process fault...

TDK4.jpg

I love this deep pose

That pose is actually from one of the promo shots of the real costume, Looks just like it too.

awesome photos ! :rock A friend of mine received his today and told me its neck joint and wrist joint are broken ! I hope this isn't starting to become a trend with these figures.
I think I recall seeing this problem on a photo a few pages back in this thread.

awesome pics guys. to those who have him... do the gauntlet blades move?? or are my eyes playing tricks on me??

No, they don't move, they are quite troublesome when switching the hands though. Seeing as BB Bats is tricky to change hands, this ver is even more so as you cannot get a really good grip, for fear of snapping them.

Fired off a few quick ones, I'm not one for worrying about lighting and all that as I wouldn't know where to start!

100_1340_640x480.jpg

100_1314_640x480.jpg

100_1310_640x480.jpg

100_1288_640x480.jpg

100_1275_640x480.jpg

100_1282_640x480.jpg

100_1272_640x480.jpg

100_1252_640x480.jpg

100_1261_640x480.jpg

100_1245_640x480.jpg

That looks good. Any modifications?

Mine arrived today from Wilfred! The production pictures on the box are amazing... I'm at work right and will only open it at night...

Nice pics fellas! keep them coming

Very interesting how much a difference framing and angle can make as far as the Wayne heads on these figures. Most of the time the Bale head seems too small to the suited body, but the full body shot here looks just fine, but the closer up one looks misproportioned. Fortunately, on both Begins and TDK, the cowl's are fine with the suit, that's what counts most.

Amazing pics guys! Just want you to know I'm very jealous and not very fond of any of you. I kid of course, great job on the pics and keep this over anxious SOB drooling.

Very interesting how much a difference framing and angle can make as far as the Wayne heads on these figures. Most of the time the Bale head seems too small to the suited body, but the full body shot here looks just fine, but the closer up one looks misproportioned. Fortunately, on both Begins and TDK, the cowl's are fine with the suit, that's what counts most.

I see that he still has weak ankles and still requires that silly stand..sheesh.

Also, some of the other pics on this page, where Batman has Joker up against the wall and we're seeing the back of Batman's head...

He looks really really bad and very toy like from those angles....his skinny neck and head/cowl look absolutely silly from behind!

He definately has his strong points but it's got to a point that you don't know if you're looking at a modded or original figure and yes, some of the well lit and atmospheric photos do make him look very real from the front..

But man those brightly lit rear photos are horrendous and make him look like a $25.00 toy!

And yes, that wrist gap is indeed goofy...

Don't get me wrong, I have the OC version and like what HT did but even the cape on the new suit doesn't look as good as the OC because at least the OC has the cowl covering the cape on the back side.

DOH!

Back