HT The Dark Knight figures waiting room

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I received mine from ebay seller a12929. The package arrived in excellent condition. Infact, he placed the Joker box into a HUGE shipping box with tons of styrofoam so it was impossible to damage. I did however pay $40 shipping for regular airmail, so it better be good. ;)

I am a bit disappointed with Hot Toys however. The neck tie arrived broken in the box. It is not a true neck tie. It uses an elastic band like Sideshow figures. The tie was detached from one end of the elastic on the collar. It doesn't look fixable because the elastic actually appears torn on that end. I think if Hot Toys had made a functional tie like Saturday Toys does for its $45 suit figures, this wouldn't have been an issue.

FINALLY:monkey4

I GOT MY JOKER FROM ANIMATES INTERNATIONAL PEOPLE, I DIDN'T GET ANY TRACKING OR RESPONSES TO MY DOZEN OF EMAILS I SENT THEM WTF!!!

OH WELL, I LEAST IT HAS ARRIVED!! THE BOX IS DAMAGED HOWEVER :banghead

ANYWAY, FOR THOSE OF YOU STILL WAITING, BE PATIENT, I LIVE IN SOUTHERN CALIFORNIA, USA, SO THEY'RE COMING!!!

I 'M STILL DEBATING WHAT KIND OF FEEDBACK TO LEAVE HIM, I'M NOT PLEASED WHEN IT COMES TO THEIR SERVICE, I GOT BETTER SERVICE FROM THE OTHER JOKER I GOT FROM STUDIO SUNNY, I CAN'T BELIEVE THE BOX ON THIS ONE FROM ANIMATE IS BENT AND CREASED AND CRACKED ON THE SIDES OF THE BOX:mad:

sweet !! thanks for the heads up.

FINALLY:monkey4

I GOT MY JOKER FROM ANIMATES INTERNATIONAL PEOPLE, I DIDN'T GET ANY TRACKING OR RESPONSES TO MY DOZEN OF EMAILS I SENT THEM WTF!!!

OH WELL, I LEAST IT HAS ARRIVED!! THE BOX IS DAMAGED HOWEVER :banghead

ANYWAY, FOR THOSE OF YOU STILL WAITING, BE PATIENT, I LIVE IN SOUTHERN CALIFORNIA, USA, SO THEY'RE COMING!!!

I 'M STILL DEBATING WHAT KIND OF FEEDBACK TO LEAVE HIM, I'M NOT PLEASED WHEN IT COMES TO THEIR SERVICE, I GOT BETTER SERVICE FROM THE OTHER JOKER I GOT FROM STUDIO SUNNY, I CAN'T BELIEVE THE BOX ON THIS ONE FROM ANIMATE IS BENT AND CREASED AND CRACKED ON THE SIDES OF THE BOX:mad:

That is great news! I hope I still get my joker. He hasn't responded to me in weeks! Where in california do you live?

Action HQ pushed my order to the end of August... and I had to pre-pay for the Joker!!! what a bunch of crap!!!!!

Sorry I forgot to post here in this thread but Eric at Toys2.net replied back to me this morning stating that he will be shipping them both out next week now.

So mid August just to start shipping.

Need your opinions guys, is it worth it to get the new original costume hot toys if i already have the old medicom one? is there really a huge improvement? thanks

Need your opinions guys, is it worth it to get the new original costume hot toys if i already have the old medicom one? is there really a huge improvement? thanks

Same situation I was in. But just look at the sculpt on the Hot Toys Batman and look at your Medicom. The Medicom was always a passing resemblance but no where near Hot Toys. I just sold my Medicom to take some of the sting from getting the Hot Toys.

thanks where is the hype for the new medicom release for the original suit, i havent seen anyone here talk about that. Would it be better for me to buy the hot toys now and not get the medicom one coming later this year?

If you are getting ANY of the other Hot Toys yes - the Medicom looks like crap and is too short. The Hot Toys looks leaps and bounds better and is part of a continually expanding line - Batpods, Batmobiles, Joker, Batman, etc. etc.

Dump the Medi turd and get the Hot Toys figure.

thanks where is the hype for the new medicom release for the original suit, i havent seen anyone here talk about that. Would it be better for me to buy the hot toys now and not get the medicom one coming later this year?

HOT TOYS >>>>>>>> Medicom

Steer clear of Medicom. Just as pricey and not nearly as good looking. Poor likenesses, short bodies, crappy looking clothing (Joker). Hot Toys all the way!

It depends I guess on which company you prefer. I own two Medicom figures now, ROTS Vader and Boba Fett. They are fantastic pieces but I personally prefer the sculpting on Hot Toys more. Plus, Hot Toys are more "in scale" with my other 12" figs. I really love Medicom but feel Hot Toys gives you more bang for your buck.

If GD Medi would just make appropriate scale figures, they wouldnt be half bad. I also have Vader, Boba and some troopers and it looks retarded with their short sizes, ESP VADER.

Animate and ABC, I am still waiting...:emperor

Animate I don't know about yet. I have a Joker on order with them. ABC is tried and true in my book. I preordered a short run Keaton as Wayne custom in February and there were production delays until I finally recieved it in late July. They were quick to answer my inquiries and delivered long after I could have disputed it. ABC is a very reputable company.

Me too :rolleyes: Wilfred promised to send it out today, and give me a tracking number.

Good for you.

I guess I'm on the low priority list..the sad thing is I'm just a few miles away. My country is just below HK..the good thing is that there are alot of refunds/return..maybe I'll be next.

Back