HT should do ET...

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Fail!!

images

skittlesny6.jpg

I wonder if liking this film depends on whether you were young enough to see it on its first release. I once saw someone describe it as 'the greatest film ever made about living in 1982' and I get a warm glow of nostalgia from it. But I still think the original version, at least, has something really pure about it, it's a great fairy tale.

Oh, and it should come with the GREATEST ACCESSORIES EVER...THE STAR WARS FIGURES ELLIOTT SHOWS ET IN 1/6 SCALE!!!!!!!!!!!!!

:chew:chew:chew

Re: ET phone Hot Toys!

Hey Wor-Gar, is it the story or the setting that's gone sour for you?

That's a good question. Its really neither, it didn't sour for me exactly. For me, it just doesn't hold up as a whole like some other movies. Again, for me. Not saying its not a really well-made movie. It just doesn't get me anymore.

You're dead to me. :monkey2

:lol

:D

Roy Batty and ET, huh? :)

BTW, this thread should be in the Aliens section... where it can really get eaten.

Sorry but can't we have a "Which HT DX do you want next" thread rather than all this thread spamming?

That's a good question. Its really neither, it didn't sour for me exactly. For me, it just doesn't hold up as a whole like some other movies. Again, for me. Not saying its not a really well-made movie. It just doesn't get me anymore.

I think it'll still hold up for kids nowadays, but our society as a whole has become a bit desensitized. That and having all the tension and urgency jerked from the film when Spielberg went in and Lucased all the guns into radios. :lol

BTW, this thread should be in the Aliens section... where it can really get eaten.

:lecture:rotfl:lecture:rotfl:lecture

I think it'll still hold up for kids nowadays, but our society as a whole has become a bit desensitized.

I do agree that we have gravitated towards much darker content compared to the 80's fare. At one time, Temple of Doom was criticized for being too dark. Now we have TDK and its the second highest grossing pic of all time. That tells you something.

ET doesn't hold up well. I can't even get through it anymore.

I second that.

I was mystified even as a child why people liked this movie so much. Yes, I wanted ET to get home safe and beat the 'evil' scientists/government, but it just seemed too forced. The whole walkie-talkie-replacing-gun farce only underscores the problems this film has.

So there is no way I ever want to see Hot Toys wasting production time and resources on this licence.

Wha... wha... whats wrong with you people?

I'd be so down for ET, Elliot and the bike, and my girls who are now 6 and 9 still love the movie (mind you they do love Harry and the Hendersons too).

Wha... wha... whats wrong with you people?

I'd be so down for ET, Elliot and the bike, and my girls who are now 6 and 9 still love the movie (mind you they do love Harry and the Hendersons too).

Well, you are, as they say, 'the man'...why don't you use your considerable influence to get Hot Toys to make them?

(I mean Harry and the Hendersons figures of course!!!!)

Hmmm dont see anything wrong with an ET figure I personally wouldnt buy it but I know many that would!

However I think there are a number of companies that could pull this off dont see why it has to be limited to Hot Toys.

Well, you are, as they say, 'the man'...why don't you use your considerable influence to get Hot Toys to make them?

(I mean Harry and the Hendersons figures of course!!!!)

INFLUENCE... I wish, if I had any influence we have figures from Blade Runner and the finest figures available to humanity from Withnail and I... but in my defence I have sent a link to this thread, so who knows?

INFLUENCE... I wish, if I had any influence we have figures from Blade Runner and the finest figures available to humanity from Withnail and I... but in my defence I have sent a link to this thread, so who knows?

Well... now that you've said that I have to say ...

Hot toys make us a Leon please. :lecture

I shall not rest until I get my Monty DX.

I second that.

I was mystified even as a child why people liked this movie so much. Yes, I wanted ET to get home safe and beat the 'evil' scientists/government, but it just seemed too forced. The whole walkie-talkie-replacing-gun farce only underscores the problems this film has.

So there is no way I ever want to see Hot Toys wasting production time and resources on this licence.

Yeah. I'm with you. I never got the hype on ET. It was pretty good -- certainly worth a viewing -- but I don't even own it, and I don't mind. There's no way I'd spend HT money on an ET figure.

SnakeDoc

Back