1/6 HT Robocop MMS204 Repaint (Robocop 2 Colors) Robocop 1 pg4!

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Definitely a huge improvement, although I do think the purple highlights might be a bit too prominent at the moment.

If we're talking on-screen accuracy, then yes, you're absolutely right.

I've explained the process in the video (still uploading sorry).

Basically the client and I agreed that the priority here was to make him a cool looking figure and not worry too much about accuracy. That would require a full repaint.

So yeah my job was to capture the essence of the Robo1 colors, and for a figure that means enhancing them a bit, hence the more prominent purple reflections.

Nice work on both robos
I really really like the robo 2 though, and although its very blue and purple, it still screams robocop one to me
Thanks for sharing

I´ve just seen your post on the original robo thread and thought about you having an own thread for this probably.
Love how you tackled both looks, man.

One proposal, though:
Maybe even going down one tad darker more and just a teeny tiny tad lessen the shades of blue and purple?
Know what I mean?

Cause I think Murphy and ED should be almost equal with the grey and then doing the hues on top.

Think about having mine repainted too.
What would it cost me, man?

Whats paint do you use? And what color

I am also want try repaint, my plan a very light black to darken silver color >> clear blue + little cyan >> clear purple

I´ve just seen your post on the original robo thread and thought about you having an own thread for this probably.
Love how you tackled both looks, man.

One proposal, though:
Maybe even going down one tad darker more and just a teeny tiny tad lessen the shades of blue and purple?
Know what I mean?

Cause I think Murphy and ED should be almost equal with the grey and then doing the hues on top.

Think about having mine repainted too.
What would it cost me, man?

you can send me a PM :wink1:

yeah I know what you mean. I've just finished two more and while the pics don't show it clearly, they are much darker than the original paintjob

crappy phone pic sorry, there are a lot of subtle reflections the camera's not picking up

Whats paint do you use? And what color

I am also want try repaint, my plan a very light black to darken silver color >> clear blue + little cyan >> clear purple

That's pretty much the way to go :wink1:

I use tamiya clear paints and createx candy purple

you can send me a PM :wink1:

yeah I know what you mean. I've just finished two more and while the pics don't show it clearly, they are much darker than the original paintjob

crappy phone pic sorry, there are a lot of subtle reflections the camera's not picking up

That looks spot on, mate.
Now you nailed it.
:hi5:

I'll be repainting this guy this weekend

Should he have blood on him? Not movie accurate, but would look cool. Thoughts?

Back