1/6 HT Robocop MMS204 Repaint (Robocop 2 Colors) Robocop 1 pg4!

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: HT Robocop MMS204 Repaint (Robocop 2 Colors)

Wow, what a difference natural light makes. Mine's not going to be here until March but your project has really upped my enthusiasm for seeing it in-hand.

Looking at the sunlight pics, I can really see why you went w/the Robo 2 colours, first. Do you think original Robo colours would be too subtle on display, DS (given scale, like you mention in the vid)?

Wow, what a difference natural light makes. Mine's not going to be here until March but your project has really upped my enthusiasm for seeing it in-hand.

Looking at the sunlight pics, I can really see why you went w/the Robo 2 colours, first. Do you think original Robo colours would be too subtle on display, DS (given scale, like you mention in the vid)?

well yeah the Robo2 colors are more appealing imo. They just pop and make for an overall more impressive paintjob.

For Robo1 I'll be focusing on making him darker. It was a very gritty, violent film so it's only fitting that his armor should be rather dark

well yeah the Robo2 colors are more appealing imo. They just pop and make for an overall more impressive paintjob.

For Robo1 I'll be focusing on making him darker. It was a very gritty, violent film so it's only fitting that his armor should be rather dark
I'm ready to see how version 1 turns out!
Thanks

Got this Robo from a client this morning which I'll be repainting the Robocop 1 colors :wink1:

Pics soon!

Have to agree, fantastic work on this! Can't wait to see what he looks like with the darker Robocop 1 colors though.

Got this Robo from a client this morning which I'll be repainting the Robocop 1 colors :wink1:

Pics soon!

lol, looks like I might be a client soon
You really made the ht paint job look non existent

Sensational paint work there D_S! :clap :rock

I'll have to send you my HT RoboMurphy once that ships. :lol

I've always liked the RoboCop 2 color scheme best by a longshot. That looks perfect.

Gorgeous repaint. Robocop 2 colours are my favourite.

Incredible paintwork , looking forward to the Robo 1 repaint

Simply beautiful work! If I had extra money I'd be sending you mine.

Sensational paint work there D_S! :clap :rock

I'll have to send you my HT RoboMurphy once that ships. :lol

thanks!! ^^

I've always liked the RoboCop 2 color scheme best by a longshot. That looks perfect.

Gorgeous repaint. Robocop 2 colours are my favourite.

I do love the Robo2 colors :)

Some of the best paintwork I've seen, bravo.

wow that's quite the compliment, thanks a lot!

Incredible paintwork , looking forward to the Robo 1 repaint

hopefully tomorrow :wink1:

Wow, really curious to see the entire process - either on film on in pics. Phenomenal work. All those grooves and black lines... damn

Hey guys,

Here's Robocop 1 :wink1:

Turns out this guy wasn't as easy as I originally thought. Everything needed to be a lot more subtle than Robo2 obviously so I had to make sure not to go overboard with all the transparent colors.

He's quite darker than the factory paintjob, dulled down the chrome look and gave him shadows all over the suit.
Purple and blue reflections were then added.

I hope you like the result!

Superb. Though I actually think your before shots are more flattering on the stock paintjob than they could be to really show the difference.

Anyway I'll post this here I think:

Great job! Really like that Robo2 look! Excellent!! I'm very tempted to jump on your commission list...

Back