HT P1 Pics here~

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Just caught up with this thread. FANTASTIC pics!!

Predator looks amazing. I'm thinking of getting "2" just to be able to pose them differently, with all of the options available.

Dutch is a definite acquisition as well. He looks good. Not a 10 but definitely a 8.5.

Billy is a toss-up. I would get him if I KNEW that HT would be releasing at least a couple more of the crew. But Billy alone probably won't make the cut (unless he's available for considerably less.)

I really hope that with all of the updates that are apparently done to this predator, that they have increased his scale height as well. He's got to tower above Dutch when displayed together.

Waiting for pre-order opportunity!!!

Billy is a toss-up. I would get him if I KNEW that HT would be releasing at least a couple more of the crew. But Billy alone probably won't make the cut (unless he's available for considerably less.)

I feel the same way...I don't want Billy unless I can get several members of the crew. If Blaine and Mac went up, then I'd start getting the crew.

But I'm leary of any further figures coming from Pred 1. Having released the Pred so early is very unusual for HT. I fear this may be the complete Pred 1 line. Perhaps issues with Fox allowed them to release what they had developed and nothing else after. Anyway, if there's more, then Billy should be easy enough to pick up later. He's down the list as far as must-haves. I would think Mac and Blaine and Dillon would be more popular -- and those are what I would expect for Wave 2. But again, I have a sneaking suspicion that something went sour with the Fox rights.

But for now, Pred and Dutch will do just fine.

Ah!!!!!!!!!!!! Why does the mask have "battle damage!" Why does Billy have blonde hair! And does anybody see a bit of Obama in the Arnie sculpt? Still, I'll definately get the Predator though, even if hot toys does the inevitable v2.

It'll be interesting to see this next to other Preds. A point of discussion has been the preds having small heads, where this one looks in good scale to the body, so it makes you wonder, bigger better proportioned head or smaller body.
Yes, his proportions are damn good. For once, Hot Toys' Predator legs aren't too long, and the torso not too skinny. His legs could probably stand to be just a wee bit thicker still, but they're not too bad. Hopefully they didn't make him shorter in the process...

Ah!!!!!!!!!!!! Why does the mask have "battle damage!"
Yeah, could definitely do without the goofy bullet holes in the helmet; they kind of ruin the mask, and at no point did he have those in the movie.

Because the original Pred's mask had battle damage ALL THROUGH THE DAMN MOVIE!

never noticed that , i´ll hace to check some screens
figure looks excelent, better than i hoped for (especialy after that horrible bust that looked nothing like the predator)

I feel the same way...I don't want Billy unless I can get several members of the crew. If Blaine and Mac went up, then I'd start getting the crew.

But I'm leary of any further figures coming from Pred 1. Having released the Pred so early is very unusual for HT. I fear this may be the complete Pred 1 line. Perhaps issues with Fox allowed them to release what they had developed and nothing else after. Anyway, if there's more, then Billy should be easy enough to pick up later. He's down the list as far as must-haves. I would think Mac and Blaine and Dillon would be more popular -- and those are what I would expect for Wave 2. But again, I have a sneaking suspicion that something went sour with the Fox rights.

But for now, Pred and Dutch will do just fine.

I've got a feeling that you're right. This may be the one and only wave that we get. It's really a shame that we can't get a nice run of figures off of this line. It's the same thing that happened with the "Alien" line. We got Dallas and Kane but no Lambert or Ripley or any of the others in the crew. These incomplete/unfullfilled lines really are a downer. I'm glad for what we did get but sure wished we could have gotten more characters.

I've got a feeling that you're right. This may be the one and only wave that we get. It's really a shame that we can't get a nice run of figures off of this line. It's the same thing that happened with the "Alien" line. We got Dallas and Kane but no Lambert or Ripley or any of the others in the crew. These incomplete/unfullfilled lines really are a downer. I'm glad for what we did get but sure wished we could have gotten more characters.

Well, HT's stated they held off the ALIEN for the anniversary in 2009, I'd say Ripley's likely for that time too. May not be more than those 2, but I'm sure they're coming.

Overall though, HT may make great products, but they make pretty poor lines. ALIENS was about 85% complete, and that's the most extensive I've seen them do.

I don't know anything about HT's business end, how much profit they make and all, but it seems their practice to only support lines and figures that seem sure to sell really well. I've heard whispers that Two-Face's poor sales compared to the rest of the TDK offering have put a damper on the future of TDK/Batman stuff from HT, and that's theoretically a popular figure to want. If their profit margins are huge, they should balance things so lesser figures come in like $100 so that way they could create and sell fuller collections of figures. Sure there are some characters that'll never sell even at lower price, but some would. Gorman and Burk from ALIENS would probably be tough sells, but Newt and Bishop would have been big to fans and they were never done.

I'm really surprised we're getting Billy, he took effort to make, but all in all, he's not anything special, not like Dallas where it's a space suited figure where there's some wow factor to the figure by itself.

I'll be very curious to see if the Predator license becomes a line or a small set of figures.

Predator 1 is everything I could possibly want and hope for, to hell with the AvP Predators!! :rock Dutch and Billy look simply awesome and can't wait to have them both!! :rock

Back