HT original Predator- photo thread

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
My Predator display (and Alien, and Stargate:monkey1), sorry for the crappy picture, I took it in a hurry when bringing all my collectibles to the new house, and trying to find a place for each one of them. Still need to add the Predator 2 BD figure there, but didn't have time to assemble it yet...

ae9qhd.jpg

NICE armour repaint indeed, along with a GREAT custom bio.

The bones should be whiter though, the bone NECKLACE should just be a tad more white while the bones on the string going down the torso should be spread out and whiter.

Oh, and the right chest armour should have a blast mark.

I finally managed to solve the problem of the height of the predators

hot toys makes a mistake. the proportions of the figures

In principle the height of the predator was fine .... but the sacrifice of his right proportions. the body of predaror 2 and lost predator. have neck giraffe

I have cut 6mm neck! now my predators are a little lower. but their proportions are very good

and Body of predator1 have very short abdomen .. that makes your hands are very low and gives some semblance of a gorilla. I have raised the abdomen on the hip 5 mm

dsc0069rk.jpg

dsc0073e.jpg

dsc0071pp.jpg

dsc0078u.jpg

dsc0082t.jpg

Well, mine arrived yesterday so I snapped a few pics in my garden before the light faded completely.

I figure they'll be hitting a lot of people soon so here's a place to show him off.

pic2-1.jpg

pic6-1.jpg

pic7-1.jpg

pic10-1.jpg

pic8-1.jpg

pic9-1.jpg

pic4-1.jpg

pic5-1.jpg

pic3.jpg

pic1-1.jpg

Excellent photos I want this figure and the elder grey back from pred 2.

God damn pu**yface why are you so much erghhhhhh.

Hey taylerdurdem. Did you start making the molds on the new custom bios yet? I wanna know more about it like how much you will charge and if the lighting mechanism can be installed into it? I want it. It looks amazing!

Always wondered what a Wolf bio would look like without the scratches and spikes... I'd say it's pretty damn cool :D.

predaror 2 and lost predator. have neck giraffe

:dunno Mine doesn't.

watermark.php

I finally managed to solve the problem of the height of the predators

hot toys makes a mistake.

They did. They made them too short: 14". The actual height in 1/6 scale should be a little over 15" tall. So I'm not sure why you decided to shorten them even more. :slap

:dunno Mine doesn't.

watermark.php

They did. They made them too short: 14". The actual height in 1/6 scale should be a little over 15" tall. So I'm not sure why you decided to shorten them even more. :slap

I assure you that the predators have giraffe necks. just have to look at pictures of the real creature
but corrected hottoys predator1 neck. and hottoys do. shorter neck

But what do we want? I want one figure with the body proportions equal to that of the real creature .. even if it means sacrificing height.

to achieve good proportions and the correct height. requires a different body

my Medicom Darth Vader measures 29cm approx.
according to your reasoning I add 2cm in the neck?:wink1:

my Medicom Darth Vader measures 29cm approx. according to your reasoning I add 2cm in the neck?:wink1:

Um.. no. Sorry but that would be YOUR reasoning. Not mine. I never said anything about adding height to any neck. :cuckoo:

I said HT made ALL their Predator figures short. 14" instead of 15". P1 being the shortest (actually shorter than the already short 14" Predators). So I don't know why you'd make P2 and Borg even SHORTER but removing some of the neck.

Um.. no. Sorry but that would be YOUR reasoning. Not mine. I never said anything about adding height to any neck. :cuckoo:

I said HT made ALL their Predator figures short. 14" instead of 15". P1 being the shortest (actually shorter than the already short 14" Predators). So I don't know why you'd make P2 and Borg even SHORTER but removing some of the neck.

in fact my argument is that the proportions must be corect
if hottoys to get more height ... elongates the necks .... I do not want
predator if the figure does not measure 15 "is because it is badly done and is not in scala 1 / 6

I reiterate that figures predator. have a long neck

before I had the figure. wrong height. and bad proportions

now only has the wrong height. that detail is barely noticeable compared to the other figures. but the reform of his neck. does much better at figure

Always in my humble opinion

see photos of the movie and see how many you have left over neck:exactly:

They did. They made them too short: 14". The actual height in 1/6 scale should be a little over 15" tall.
based on the figures, that would make preds almost the same size as xenos.
but, i have no reason to think ht didn't also make the xenos too small.

have you tried to make yours the right height?

based on the figures, that would make preds almost the same size as xenos.
but, i have no reason to think ht didn't also make the xenos too small.

I've never understood that myself. I know the Big Chap was tall (because of Bolaji Badejo who was 7'2") but even then P1, P2 and the P2 Elder (played by KPH who was also 7'2") at the very least would be about the same size. Not like with HT where their Predator figures are 14" and their Alien figures specifically their Big Chap Alien is 16" (which is 8' tall in 1/6 scale). In Aliens, Alien 3, Resurrection and even the AVP movies the Aliens aren't that big compared to humans let alone the Predators. So I still don't get it. Makes me think Predators should be 15" with the Big Chap around that height but with all other Aliens at 14". Which would look more accurate next to a 12" human figure.

have you tried to make yours the right height?

No. Because there's a whole list of things that need to be fixed along with the height. So I don't think it would be worth it to work with any HT Preds. Be better off starting from scratch.

I agree with devil_666.la height of the predators is erroneous
deveria measure about 15 ". but it is impossible to get that height without distorting the proportions.

hot toys makes mistakes I can not understand

The price on this one has really gone to the roof in just a couple of weeks. When i bought mine 2-3 months ago it costed me 180 dollars, which is close to the retail price. Now they cost 300+

Back