HT original Predator- photo thread

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Thanks chaps. I was worried that it wasn't really showing in photos. Yes I literally just pulled them out - some of them didn't come out cleanly however and instead tore out leaving some rubber still in the sockets....or should that be follicles? But that was by no means a disaster. I pulled just a few out at a time and repositioned them so I could keep track of which dreadlock went where and I glued them back on how I wanted them. Theres some shiny glue marks here and there but only on very close inspection so I care not. I just hate the way the dreads all flow backwards on the uncustomised figure.

Not sure I'll attempt the mask mods though. I might just put up with it being so sticky-outty.

Damn you, a-dev, that's the first dread mod I've seen that REALLY makes the dreads look perfect. Very similar to what I did with the Snake custom. Crap! I may have to do that to mine when I get around to giving it the same treatment I gave to Reinhardt's.

BTW, Reinhardt, that trick, if done with lots of care, will be the best dread mod for your Pred. Just be careful not to handle the painted areas of the head too much, or you might rub off my paint. We don't have the kind of unregulated paint that never rubs off that they use in China available in the U.S.:naughty

nice mods. personally, i'm not a fan of the diorama base.
it just clashes with everything else on the shelf and takes up more room.

any chance you could sell some modded Dutch bases?

I do like the diorama base, but it just looks odd when all the other Preds don't have one!!!

I couldn't sell one in good conscience since it's a ludicrously easy change... I just made up a replacement label in Word and printed it onto a sticky address label, then cut to size. Literally a 5-minute job.

Hot water mod on my dreads.

P1frontright2.jpg
P1backright2.jpg

Hot water mod is pointless. After few day dreads will move back to the previous shape. Pulling them from their sockets and regluing is more sustainable.

I'll have to try the repositioning method. Hot water works wonders for many a thing, but these Preads just won't jive with me.

Hot water mod is pointless. After few day dreads will move back to the previous shape. Pulling them from their sockets and regluing is more sustainable.

Not true, I did the hot water mod and theyve stayed that way since. Had no problems and not had to re do it. Did it within a month or two when I got it at time of its release.

Not for me. I still think that regluing is a better idea. After hot water mod dreads are still pointed in a wrong way.

I just put two rubber bands around the dreds, one closer to the top of head and one close to the bottom. Boiled a kettle, put water into a jug and dropped the head in for a few seconds. Cant remember how long, but it wasnt long at all. And then Left it for 24hours to cool down with the rubber bands still on and havent had to re do it since.

My first attempt was just using hot water from the tap and holding the head under with the ruber bands on. But a few days later they started to spring back out. Got the kettle idea from one of p!tu's vid's. Think it was one regarding the Lost Pred

If hot water wouldnt have worked for me then I wouldnt have done anything because I dont like to do mods on my figures other than a little re-heatings. Try to keep them as box fresh as possible unless I could afford a spare head or body to do whatever mod it is

I'm surprised to see how well received my dread-mod has been - as I said I wasn't convinced the effect was particularly visible in photographs and wasn't even going to post them, I only did so because I was bored. Glad I did now.

Anyway, its an easy job. All you need is glue and I would recommend trying to keep the glue to what you intend to be the 'new' undersides at the base of each dreadlock so you have as little glue marks visible as possible. Each dread is naturally curved so you just rotate and/or reposition so that the curve brings it forward, and maybe 'out' a bit, rather than them all going backwards behind the shoulders. Put the mask on after each group of dreads you do so you can make sure it looks right with the mask on. I started with the longer dreads at the front and worked back, making sure I wasn't leaving any wierd bald patches.

The water mod was done on my P1 when the P1 exclusive first came to my house. It was literally done the next day and that was way back in early July of 09. It has stayed the same ever since. And the same goes for my P2, P2 BD and Lost (which were all water modded the same night). Not one of them have gone back to the shape they were before and has kept the shape I wanted them to be in for almost 10 months now.

Maybe you didn't do yours properly?:rolleyes:

Hey I was inspired by the neck mod tip a few pages back and I thought I would give it a try. I kinda went a different route but with the same result. I used my daughters Lego Krabby patty (sorry Jasmyn) and drilled a hole right through it. It had a rounded bottom and the shape fit right in the neck perfectly. It took 10 minutes and I was done.

The tric with the water is to use A: hot enough water, B: leave it in long enough, and C: hold them down long enough for them to cool. Like GrayWolf said, rubber bands do the trick and you have to leave them on for about 24hrs.

I did it twice only leaving it for a few minutes and they always popped back to "normal". Finally did it leaving the bands on for a day.

Back