HT original Predator- photo thread

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I saw this end yesterday. Yeah, it's the exclusive version, but given that this figure just came out a few months ago, the price is pretty dang high. I have said this before, but I think it bears repeating--in the long run, I think this will be, by far, the most expensive Predator. And some of them are pretty dang expensive right now.

This is assuming, of course, that Hot Toys doesn't produce more of these or re-releases an updated version. Given Hot Toys' track record, this is very possible, though given that we didn't see this Predator in many different outfits or states during the film, I don't see much else they could do.

I saw this end yesterday. Yeah, it's the exclusive version, but given that this figure just came out a few months ago, the price is pretty dang high. I have said this before, but I think it bears repeating--in the long run, I think this will be, by far, the most expensive Predator. And some of them are pretty dang expensive right now.

This is assuming, of course, that Hot Toys doesn't produce more of these or re-releases an updated version. Given Hot Toys' track record, this is very possible, though given that we didn't see this Predator in many different outfits or states during the film, I don't see much else they could do.

Yeah, that's what I'm trying to avoid LOL:lol I saw it as all the predators released before this one got better with each wave so they just worked their way from the most recent movies to this one knowing that if they didn't get this one right on the first try, things would get ugly. Its pretty much perfect the way it is and I really don't see anything else they could do with it. If there's anything that will make them release another one though it'll be me ordering the one that's out. Happened with Batman, Joker and Iron Man.

i still don't understand all those complaining about price.
is $200 something that people cannot spend and forget?

I don't what reality you dwell in, but to many people in this world $200 is still a lot of money. It might not seem like much to you, but folks who earn an honest responsible living during these rough economic times, collecting expensive toys is a luxury enjoyed by the few and priveleged, and even then you have to take into account other expenses. I consider myself fairly well off, but $200 to spend on a collectible is still nothing to scoff at, especially when you've got bills to pay and a family to feed. It takes a person with more money than brains to make a statement like that in the first place.

Station said:
(I don't know how to do multiple quotes so i'll just copy/paste)
?

Click the multi-quote button on the post you want to quote.

multiquote.jpg

gohastings.com still has some at the 165.99 depending on where you live you might check with them.

gohastings.com is a pretty good source. There was a 30% off deal going on that just ended. Lots of great deals to be had during that promotion. Picked up a SST Lord Vader for $88 shipped. Would've picked up a few more items if the funds were readily available.

Station there is one on ebay for $169.99 BIN
Item no# 400074345521.
You can still find them for under $200, just need to have
good look.

I got my Predator from Sideshow, and it cost me more than that after shipping. Was the exclusive, which is why I was willing to pay it, but I don't suspect you'll find a much better deal than that one.

I got my Predator from Sideshow, and it cost me more than that after shipping. Was the exclusive, which is why I was willing to pay it, but I don't suspect you'll find a much better deal than that one.

You are right, that was the cheapest one I found.
Then next cheapest was $189.99 and the average is around $200.

I don't what reality you dwell in, but to many people in this world $200 is still a lot of money. It might not seem like much to you, but folks who earn an honest responsible living during these rough economic times, collecting expensive toys is a luxury enjoyed by the few and priveleged, and even then you have to take into account other expenses. I consider myself fairly well off, but $200 to spend on a collectible is still nothing to scoff at, especially when you've got bills to pay and a family to feed. It takes a person with more money than brains to make a statement like that in the first place.

Click the multi-quote button on the post you want to quote.

multiquote.jpg

gohastings.com is a pretty good source. There was a 30% off deal going on that just ended. Lots of great deals to be had during that promotion. Picked up a SST Lord Vader for $88 shipped. Would've picked up a few more items if the funds were readily available.

Thanks for the tip, see how quick i learn?

Station there is one on ebay for $169.99 BIN
Item no# 400074345521.
You can still find them for under $200, just need to have
good look.

Wicked! Thanks man! I must have missed that one. Well, as soon as i get the payment for my auction today, that baby is mine.

but folks who earn an honest responsible living during these rough economic times, collecting expensive toys is a luxury enjoyed by the few and priveleged
i just thought that situation is better abroad than in my country. and also that strange mythology that in USA people earn thousands of bucks every month. well, all this must be wrong. when i'm sad, i'll remember that at least i am among few and privileged :)
this collecting really saves from some depressions about things a human cannot change.

nothin. just wondering, that's all. :)

not to be patronizing, but it could be the different way you're using the english language that is causing some misunderstandings with members here...

but it could be the different way you're using the english language
well, i studied it 10 years ago and had no practice since that time except visiting english-speaking forums sometimes and watching movies without translation.
i really see sometimes that i'm not understood as i wanted to, something wrong with emotional part, but i guess the reason and try to stay calm :)

Bills and the day-to-day responsibilities of life pile up quick though, P. Though people in the U.S. do make more than people in Russia on the average, the cost of living is also much higher. Taxes, food, rent, electricity, health care costs, clothing, gas, cable (for TV), internet, pets, etc. can easily cost upwards of 80% of my monthly income, if not more. If you figure you want to save some of that, that doesn't leave a whole heck of a lot for collectibles. $200 is a fair amount for me.

well, i studied it 10 years ago and had no practice since that time except visiting english-speaking forums sometimes and watching movies without translation.
i really see sometimes that i'm not understood as i wanted to, something wrong with emotional part, but i guess the reason and try to stay calm :)

well, that's also due to the fact that on forums, other people can't see our facial expressions when we make a statement, so the meaning or context could easily be misinterpreted.

which is why stuff like :lol and :banghead and :rolleyes: and :monkey2 and :naughty, etc etc were invented.

u might wanna use em. they may seem a little childish, but they do help, esp if u wanna avoid people thinking you're arrogant or rude...

:)

Taxes, food, rent, electricity, health care costs, clothing, gas, cable (for TV), internet, pets, etc. can easily cost upwards of 80% of my monthly income, if not more.
yeah. as i have no kids and don't like to travel or get bank credits, for me it is never more than 50%.
well, i won't wonder now why people dream about this figure and don't buy it fast.

well, that's also due to the fact that on forums, other people can't see our facial expressions when we make a statement, so the meaning or context could easily be misinterpreted.

which is why stuff like :lol and :banghead and :rolleyes: and :monkey2 and :naughty, etc etc were invented.

u might wanna use em. they may seem a little childish, but they do help, esp if u wanna avoid people thinking you're arrogant or rude...

:)

yeah that seems to be my smile: :borg

Last edited:
Back