HT original Predator- photo thread

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Well I sorta ditched on that project when the HT Hellboy was announced.

Here ya go, all there there now (as opposed to the two on the damaged helm). The leather cord was slightly thicker than the wire on the damaged helm and I think it works better. It fits the holes prefectly, had to poke through the third hole though.

3685914742_31d3d3b828_b.jpg

3685107303_f12213a173_b.jpg

Here ya go, all there there now (as opposed to the two on the damaged helm). The leather cord was slightly thicker than the wire on the damaged helm and I think it works better. It fits the holes prefectly, had to poke through the third hole though.

3685914742_31d3d3b828_b.jpg

3685107303_f12213a173_b.jpg

Your mod looks AMAZING!. I may try it even if I don't put the mask on.

Tom

Thanks all... I see now that he also should have a tube/wire connected to the spot on the left jaw. It looks like HT almost thought of doing it since there's a little sculpted port there. May have to drill a hole and add another bit of leather cord tomorrow.

https://www3.telus.net/public/jla2003/HuntersLair/P1_Screencaps/Predator_40.jpg
https://www3.telus.net/public/jla2003/HuntersLair/P1_Screencaps/Predator_36.jpg
https://www3.telus.net/public/jla2003/HuntersLair/P1_Screencaps/Predator_38.jpg

Call me crazy, but why does the exclusive helmet look like it fits the face so much better? :confused:

So for those who where asking here's a comparison between my modified mask and the original. With these mods the mask is pretty damn close to screen accurate I think. Now I just need to add the wires/tubes to the side of the mask. Here's what I did:

- The first thing I did was remold the mask in near-boiling water. I basically just pulled the cheeks apart which in turn causes the crown to lower and curve back more and the chin to be pulled in so it's not so pointy.

- I then ground down the inside of the mask with a dremel tool. Mostly shaving down the inside of the cheeks which are meant to grab onto the sides of the face.

- I then lined the mask with carpet tape as it will no longer stay on without assistance. I also don't put the mandibles on when the mask is on. They take up too much room and make even the modified mask stick out at the chin.

3685283002_f942ba3f23_b.jpg

WOW!! all I did was heat it with a hair dryer and pull it open. :dunno

it didn't fit at first but you do what you must..:lol

So for those who where asking here's a comparison between my modified mask and the original. With these mods the mask is pretty damn close to screen accurate I think. Now I just need to add the wires/tubes to the side of the mask. Here's what I did:

- The first thing I did was remold the mask in near-boiling water. I basically just pulled the cheeks apart which in turn causes the crown to lower and curve back more and the chin to be pulled in so it's not so pointy.

- I then ground down the inside of the mask with a dremel tool. Mostly shaving down the inside of the cheeks which are meant to grab onto the sides of the face.

- I then lined the mask with carpet tape as it will no longer stay on without assistance. I also don't put the mandibles on when the mask is on. They take up too much room and make even the modified mask stick out at the chin.

3685283002_f942ba3f23_b.jpg

Thanks for this. I'll do similar on mine.

HT just posted three youtube reviews for this on their FB page stating 'OMG! Who did these awesome reviews! Pls say something here!'

...and one of them is mine! Chuffed!

Thanks all... I see now that he also should have a tube/wire connected to the spot on the left jaw. It looks like HT almost thought of doing it since there's a little sculpted port there. May have to drill a hole and add another bit of leather cord tomorrow.

https://www3.telus.net/public/jla2003/HuntersLair/P1_Screencaps/Predator_40.jpg
https://www3.telus.net/public/jla2003/HuntersLair/P1_Screencaps/Predator_36.jpg
https://www3.telus.net/public/jla2003/HuntersLair/P1_Screencaps/Predator_38.jpg

it's kinda hard to see on those pics what you are talking about. what kind of tubing did you use? or more importantly, where did you get it from? also, are you planning on changing out his lenses to be reflective? one more thing, with the carpet tape, does it leave a mark on his head when removed?

Last edited:
Heat it gently on the inside lower part, (where it goes over the mandibles), with a hairdryer for a few seconds, then VERY gently pull it slightly wider.

CAREFUL though and I accept no liability for any damage caused. :D

This was what I did to mine though and it worked a treat, presuming the trouble you are having is because it is too tight at present.

Heat it gently on the inside lower part, (where it goes over the mandibles), with a hairdryer for a few seconds, then VERY gently pull it slightly wider.

This was what I did to mine though and it worked a treat, presuming the trouble you are having is because it is too tight at present.

Can't you just put the mask on after removing the mandibles?

I haven't tried the mask on mine so i wouldn't know,

It can be pushed on with force, but for fear of breaking something, I gently heated and widened mine before pushing it on.

it's kinda hard to see on those pics what you are talking about. what kind of tubing did you use? or more importantly, where did you get it from? also, are you planning on changing out his lenses to be reflective? one more thing, with the carpet tape, does it leave a mark on his head when removed?

As I said it's leather cord. The sort you use in making crappy hippy jewlery. You should be able to get it at just about any craftstore or even Walmart.

I had not planned on swapping the lenses but I might do that. Any idea what they're supposed to look like? Why would HT use the mesh look. I just watched the movie last night and the lenses are clearly lenses not some sort of mesh.

The carpet tape doesn't seem to leave any marks or residue. I have used it before on figures. I use it a lot for a varietey of things (most often holding clothing to a figures body). It has yet to damage anything I have used it on but use it at your own risk.

thanks dude

i finally managed to get his mask on and the mandibles cannot be removed for fitting the mask on his head

Back