HT original Predator- photo thread

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
The latest addition...

PREDBIOMASK59T-1.jpg

Excellent excellent:clap

Something I've been thinking about doing ever since the HT Big Chap Alien came out. I've just been way too lazy to see if it would look cool or not. It turned out okay, but it's for a one-time photo shoot only. The Big Chap's pose-ability limits what can be done. Also, I didn't want to take the Predator too far out of his normal display pose.

Anway, here's AvP:
(Also, this might look better from someone with camera skills)

AvP01.jpg

AvP02.jpg

AvP03.jpg

(edit: In retrospect, I should've repositioned the Predator's wrist blade arm to face the Alien for the following shots.)

AvP04.jpg

AvP05.jpg

Kinda reminiscent of the McFarlane box set, no?

Last edited:
Something I've been thinking about doing ever since the HT Big Chap Alien came out. I've just been way too lazy to see if it would look cool or not. It turned out okay, but it's for a one-time photo shoot only. The Big Chap's pose-ability limits what can be done. Also, I didn't want to take the Predator too far out of his normal display pose.

Anway, here's AvP:
(Also, this might look better from someone with camera skills)

AvP01.jpg

AvP02.jpg

AvP03.jpg

AvP04.jpg

AvP05.jpg

Is the Big Chap hard plastic, or that rubber stuff I would have to worry about cracking and the paint falling off of over time? Also, does he have the feet and legs falling off/breaking problems like practically all the older Aliens have?

Except for the hands, feet, arms, and head; it's one whole body suit of rubber. The legs don't come off of this one.

As far as I know, the only HT Alien figure to be notorious for breakage is the blue variant of the "Aliens Warrior". However, I cannot speak from personal experience as I have only ever had/have the Alien 3 Dog Alien, and the Big Chap. The only sign of deterioration that either of them show is that the rubber body suit for the Dog alien has faded over time.

I have read, however, that the Big Chap is prone to weak knee joints. The left knee on mine is pretty loose, but I manage.

Last edited:

Kinda what I thought when I first looked at it, except the fact it doesn't look like someone scooped two turds out of the toilet and try to pass them off as Alien and Predator sculpts. :lol

^
:rotfl Too true, too true. I sure do remember loving it when I first got it, though. Wth was wrong with me?
It's funny, the only thing left of it that I own is the egg base that I use to display with my 7" Alien collection.

^
:rotfl Too true, too true. I sure do remember loving it when I first got it, though. Wth was wrong with me?
It's funny, the only thing left of it that I own is the egg base that I use to display with my 7" Alien collection.

It was the best thing out there when it was first released. But now :monkey1

I don't know why everyone is saying this upcoming P2 ex is going to be so expensive. Guardian (Gort) was only around $190 US and he had a butt load of accessories. If it is another Lost Tribe member (which I don't see them trying to do a human fig from the movie, though my wallet would appreciate that break) I wouldn't see them using the newer body type, which is what makes these new ones more expensive.

I don't know. It's all speculation until we see the final reveal and price.

Back