HT original Predator- photo thread

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I've been wanting a HT Pred because, well, I don't have one... any self respecting 1/6 fig collector needs at least one! I love the first film. Second is okay, and the AVPs, well, I just can't get through them. Anyway, my point is this: The head looks massive with the mask on. Is this a problem in-hand? I'm sure I will go the maskless route anyway, afterall.

why dont all the preds get quills? they all have them in the movies, but on the figures we get painted on ones... LAME quills make the the head look so much better. its like having a cat without whiskers wtf

I'm guessing because of the removable mask. I think the only preds that have had quills are the ones without masks.

The head looks massive with the mask on. Is this a problem in-hand?

It is pretty big, but it is proportionally accurate. I've previously complained that the P1 is too short, but considering that Hot Toys actually got Kevin Peter Hall's physical proportions correct on this one makes me forgive the height issue. It really is the best of all Pred figures if you display it away from Dutch and Billy.

Yeah to me internal proportions on the figure are far more important than overall scale compared to other figures. I think people forget/underestimate how large the heads are on the preds in the movies.

It is pretty big, but it is proportionally accurate. I've previously complained that the P1 is too short, but considering that Hot Toys actually got Kevin Peter Hall's physical proportions correct on this one makes me forgive the height issue. It really is the best of all Pred figures if you display it away from Dutch and Billy.

Great figure and all but the proportions don't match Kevin Peter Hall. The mask is too big also but it's still a very nice figure.

Looks pretty close to me. (hope Biojex doesn't mind me reposting his pic)

Pred1.png

Photo0327.jpg

Now the helmet not being totally accurate shape wise I can agree with, but the differences are minor.

I REALLY want to add some salava to his mouth... :rock The 1:1 bust by sideshow has it. It looks awesome.
I don't know wheter to try a little crazy glue and let it set then gloss it a little.
I might buy an extra head just to stay on the safe side.

No problem about the links gbd. Hope you enjoy some of the videos.

Don't use crazy glue buddy. Use 5 minute epoxy, thin it a little with Rubbing Alcohol.

Mike N.

omfg his a midget. didnt expect the height difference to be that big.
but oh well, his going in a pose in which you cant tell.

Trust me people, when you get him in hand the new body of this predator is more natural looking than other predator body designs, those pictures are misleading. I put the pred 2 next to the pred 1, side by side there really isn't that big of a height difference, to me, the pred 2 body especially around the torso just doesn't seem to flow right.

The new pred 1 body seems more like the right scale. Even the Elder seems a bit awkward around the bicep muscles.
the movement of the pred 1 is more film accurate when posed. :D

Nice to see people are still trying to avoid the fact that the HT P1 is short. :lol

Classic.

Did you buy it? Because if you did it seems like you're not too happy with it.
Havent gotten mine yet so I really cant argue about the heigth.

Back