HT- M ICON- MIS09- Michael Jackson (Thriller version)

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: HT- M ICON- MIS09- Michael Jackson (Thriller version)-Link to buy from SS in 1st

Still waiting for a Billy Jean version, I just don't digg the smiley head, same with jack sparrow.

Re: HT- M ICON- MIS09- Michael Jackson (Thriller version)-Link to buy from SS in 1st

Billy jean is already out since early this year mate!

Don't think you could find it at a decent price though.

Just saw this today:

https://blog.entertainmentearth.com/2009/10/do-you-wanna-touch-me-wanna-have-fun.html

I don't like the idea of collecting female Barbie dolls with the rooted hair, because I feel that crosses a line somehow into girl toy collecting. . .but damn if I wouldn't like to have a Cindy Lauper posed with my non-zombie Thriller MJ. Would love to have a "Like a Virgin" Madonna, too.

Trouble is, these are Barbie dolls, so they resemble Barbie more than the singers. Joan Jett is the closest.

Yeah, especially Deborah Harry, who looks nothing like Deborah Harry to me. The Cindy Lauper is pretty good, except that she is way too skinny. The Joan Jett looks damn good, in my opinion, and I probably like her music more than Lauper's, but I don't think of her as a mainstream pop icon of the 80s as I do MJ and Lauper. So, I'm not sure I would pose him with her.

The wife has a Barbie Mary Poppins, though, and the likeness is very much Julie Andrews, so I know that Mattel can pull off a decent likeness with these from time to time.

2009828223152624.jpg

2009828223158502.jpg

20091118_84563ed18d83ff007f81s7pYEmyZkyFv.jpg

His normal face looks a little awful.

Its just a bad camera angle. It looks the same as always.

what's with the massive hands? you'd think that they would have scale the hands down for the slim body, and not just stuck on those ????ing great dinner plates, it looks daft.

im hoping its just a bad angle too.hopefully some better pics will be up soon

where was this picture taken ? Are they having another convention?

Oh man... I'll wait for more pics,
but it isn't looking good...
This would be a massive fail it they get it wrong...:banghead

I wish they had stayed with the original headsculpt... it was perfect IMO...

hot-toys-michael-jackson-thriller-figure-1.jpg

Well you can guarantee that whatever we get will be what MJ's estate want us to get. They will have final say, regardless of what Hot Toys want, or what we want!
I'm remaining quietly confident!

I'm quietly confident if wookster is but those last pics look Decidedly iffy IMO...

Well you can guarantee that whatever we get will be what MJ's estate want us to get. They will have final say, regardless of what Hot Toys want, or what we want!
I'm remaining quietly confident!

I know it's MJ's state... but still looks a bit weird...
I just hope they release more versions eventually...

Yeah the headsculpt looks pretty bad on those last pics,i do not mind a smiling Jackson but this is not good.I was hoping for the First Proto Headsculpt for the Nude body but no...:(

Wow...I hope it is a bad angle, but they definitely went overboard and the lines on his face. Jackson's face in the Thriller era was smooth, like the first proto.

And to think that I went ahead and already got myself a spare AA black slim TT in advance just for this :(

That sculpt is FUGLY, and I do hope its not one way to string us along to another improved, DX version of this. It seems just bout every 1/6th company is all bout DXing and upgrading their stuff, even enterbay is jumping on the bandwagon with their new FOF :lol

Wow...I hope it is a bad angle, but they definitely went overboard and the lines on his face. Jackson's face in the Thriller era was smooth, like the first proto.

Check around the mouth,reminds me of those dolls Jeff Dunham use.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back