HT- M ICON- MIS09- Michael Jackson (Thriller version)

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: HT- M ICON- MIS09- Michael Jackson (Thriller version)-Link to buy from SS in 1st

I think its exactly the same , the photos have been taken in crappy lighting from a dodgy angle. People need to stop panicking.
If you want to cancel now you should have known changes could happen anyway..... even though they probably haven't. :lol

Re: HT- M ICON- MIS09- Michael Jackson (Thriller version)-Link to buy from SS in 1st

see all of the photos look crappy but I think this one here makes the head look exactly the same as the official pics.

20091119_729a256845027a9cba58BwGTlsIBL6Mh.jpg

You need to wait for more in hand photos before making judgment.

Looks like the photographer used flash.

I think the new pics do look better. I would NEVER cancel my preorder for this...

I dunno, mate. Prolly just some bad angles, but that one looks like he's constipating.

I mean, the normal head sculpt could look 'ok', but you gotta futz and style it a bit, as it does look ok on certain angles. And had they not shown us the first non smiling sculpt proto, I'm sure I'd be totally fine with this one.
In no way that I'm cancelling, as I'm pumped to add zombie mike to my collection :rock

see all of the photos look crappy but I think this one here makes the head look exactly the same as the official pics.

20091119_729a256845027a9cba58BwGTlsIBL6Mh.jpg

You need to wait for more in hand photos before making judgment.

Also, I was just wondering, if there's a reason that its still ok to post photos of the non smiling MJ sculpt? I don't see mods deleting pics of it.

Since HT usually don't allow it, as with the case of don vito, dutch, connor v2. When they have a finalized sculpt already.

This is just gettin better by the minute...

The picture of the first prototype was from Hot Toys officially approved announcement. Those other photos were leaked

True, but normally HT would ask the mods here to remove them if they are post here, doesnt seem that way this time around.:angelsmil

If this piece was a bit cheaper I'd probably add it to my collection. The pre-order price everywhere seems around $165 USD. I think Hot Toys should of thrown in the extra body for that price and maybe even the werewolf sculpt and outfit from the start of the video. I'm sure this figure will go up in the secondary market - but it just doesn't seem like a great deal for the average collector.

i like the smiling sculpt. can't wait to have it on my shelve. :)

^^ Me too. lol I have a bunch of dead figures I bought months ago that I havent opened yet WAITING for the MJ figure. I want it now dammit!! :rotfl

I think I was somehow affected by Michael's death that it motivated me to preorder this figure...now that it took so much time to be released (I know is the average time on HT figures) I have lost interest in getting it, even more now with the latest pictures...I'm a big music fan but for that price I was expecting a closer resemble with MJ...

I'm thinking seriously on changing my order to DX Batman or Joker...is it Batman DX already released?

I think I was somehow affected by Michael's death that it motivated me to preorder this figure...now that it took so much time to be released (I know is the average time on HT figures) I have lost interest in getting it, even more now with the latest pictures...I'm a big music fan but for that price I was expecting a closer resemble with MJ...

I'm thinking seriously on changing my order to DX Batman or Joker...is it Batman DX already released?

Well it sucks that you don't want it now the hype over his death is gone; personally, this could come out 5 years from now and I'd still want it!

But in answer to your question, the DX Joker is the one that's been released, Bats will be out in the new year.

I hope you not one of those kind of people that break down and re-order a figure they've canceled once the in-hand photos start popping up.

for me, i must own myself a black mj, and a white mj, before i call it a day for my mj collection.

Seeing these new pics, I feel relieved now!!...
For a moment there, I was really worried...
Can't wait!!! :rock!!!
I just hope Toys2 ships it before Christmas...

I have doubts that Toys2 will even ship them before new year...........here's hoping for a thriller Christmas though! :rock

I have doubts that Toys2 will even ship them before new year...........here's hoping for a thriller Christmas though! :rock

Yeah the newsletter specifically said "He will be arriving Hong Kong before time of the holiday season!". Mid to late January is my guess for Toys2.

Well it sucks that you don't want it now the hype over his death is gone; personally, this could come out 5 years from now and I'd still want it!

But in answer to your question, the DX Joker is the one that's been released, Bats will be out in the new year.

Thanks for the info man...and understand me, I do admire the talent of Michael and have always liked his music (I have his Thriller and Bad vinyl records) but I am not a die hard fan...I felt bad when MJ died because he was not only a great artist but also a great human being...and that motivated me to go ahead to buy this figure...

I still think it was great to have a Thriller version with the excellent quality of these toy companies but now looking at the lack of likeness I think its better to pass on this one...just be honest guys, it is not close enough with the likeness to MJ in Thriller...

For me I think will be better to wait for another version of the King of Pop, maybe a Beat It or Bad or even a Smooth Criminal or Grammy versions...

Thanks for the info man...and understand me, I do admire the talent of Michael and have always liked his music (I have his Thriller and Bad vinyl records) but I am not a die hard fan...I felt bad when MJ died because he was not only a great artist but also a great human being...and that motivated me to go ahead to buy this figure...

I still think it was great to have a Thriller version with the excellent quality of these toy companies but now looking at the lack of likeness I think its better to pass on this one...just be honest guys, it is not close enough with the likeness to MJ in Thriller...

For me I think will be better to wait for another version of the King of Pop, maybe a Beat It or Bad or even a Smooth Criminal or Grammy versions...

Cómpreselo paisano Coahuilense! Despues te vas a arrepentir. Te lo digo por experiencia. ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back