HT- M ICON- MIS09- Michael Jackson (Thriller version)

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: HT- M ICON- MIS09- Michael Jackson (Thriller version)-Link to buy from SS in 1st

I think the Head Sculpt is OK. I really think people are going way over the top about it.

The only thing that throws it off a little are the lines around the mouth.
<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="https://www.youtube.com/v/14ZHIJ6vyfw&hl=en_GB&fs=1&color1=0x3a3a3a&color2=0x999999"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="https://www.youtube.com/v/14ZHIJ6vyfw&hl=en_GB&fs=1&color1=0x3a3a3a&color2=0x999999" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

Re: HT- M ICON- MIS09- Michael Jackson (Thriller version)-Link to buy from SS in 1st

I'm very angrily about ABCEXPRESSTOYS!
They shall refund me my money. I've contacted PAYPAL & they said they'd need to do this!
What's the problem? They could just sell my figure to somebody else on ebay.
Or does it sell so bad? I'm very disappointed about how they treat foreign customers!

wait , whats the problem. You want your money back or you want the figure ?.:confused:

I've never had a problem with abc express , they haven't shipped this figure yet though.

Maybe he should have purchased from Tony Cheung and he would have been the first to get them. :lol

Really MadMike, I can't see what you are having a problem with. Many Hot Toys ebay sellers put ''in stock'' in their descriptions to bypass ebay rules. Why? Because Hot Toys pre-orders wouldn't be possible without doing that.

I don't want the figure anymore. Mainly because of the delayed shipment.
Even some shops here have the figure already "IN STOCK"!
With the added customs duties I'll end somewhere near the price close to the price here &
I wouldn't need to drive 70km to my customs office. The main reason for my order from HK
was to get the figure earlier. Now it'd arrive @ earliest around January 21,
since there's a "Delay in Outbound Air Mail Service" from HK @ the moment.

Why they just can't give me a refund? According to their website the figure is SOLD OUT!
So what would be the problem to sell the figure to somebody else?
Is their business running so bad, that they need every cent? I don't think so.

Have you asked ABC express themselves for a refund other than just paypal ?. If its gone over the 60 day refund limit paypal wont give you a refund in any situation even if abc express were willing too.

According to Leong it's already sent out, but his colleague had forgotten to mail me the tracking number.

<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="https://www.youtube.com/v/SIYIodebQtE&hl=en_GB&fs=1&color1=0x3a3a3a&color2=0x999999"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="https://www.youtube.com/v/SIYIodebQtE&hl=en_GB&fs=1&color1=0x3a3a3a&color2=0x999999" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

BTW,
Check this out:

:

https://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20091230/ap_on_en_mo/us_classic_films

'Thriller' to be preserved in US film registry

WASHINGTON – Michael Jackson's "Thriller" video, with that unforgettable graveyard dance, will rest among the nation's treasures in the world's largest archive of film, TV and sound recordings.
The 1983 music video directed by John Landis, though still the subject of lawsuits over profits, was one of 25 films to be inducted Wednesday for preservation in the 2009 National Film Registry of the Library of Congress.

It's the first music video named to the registry. It had been considered in past years, but following Jackson's death, the time was right, said Steve Leggett, coordinator of the National Film Preservation Board.

"Because of the way the recording industry is evolving and changing, we thought it would be good to go back to the development of an earlier seismic shift, which was the development of the music video," he said.

Joining the King of Pop in the 2009 class will be the Muppets from 1979's "The Muppet Movie" — the first time on the big screen for Kermit the Frog and Miss Piggy — and the 1957 sci-fi classic "The Incredible Shrinking Man," among other titles.

The library works with film archives and movie studios to ensure original copies are kept safe. It also acquires a copy for preservation in its own vaults among millions of other recordings at the Packard Campus of the National Audio-Visual Conservation Center in the hills near Culpeper, Va.

"By preserving the nation's films, we safeguard a significant element of our cultural patrimony and history," said Librarian of Congress James H. Billington.

Congress established the registry in 1989, which now totals 525 films. They are selected not as the "best" American films but instead for their enduring importance to U.S. culture.

The library selects films that are "culturally, historically or aesthetically" significant after reviewing hundreds of titles nominated by the public and consulting with the National Film Preservation Board.

In "The Muppet Movie," Kermit leads his fellow TV characters on a road trip to Hollywood where they meet Steve Martin, Mel Brooks and other actors with the magic of creators Jim Henson and Frank Oz.

Other notable titles include "Once Upon a Time in the West" (1968), directed by Sergio Leone, representing the "spaghetti western" genre that helped propel such rising stars as Clint Eastwood. The list also includes Bette Davis' Oscar-winning performance in "Jezebel" from 1938.

The oldest film inducted was "Little Nemo" from 1911, a mix of live action and animation adapted from Winsor McCay's comic strip "Little Nemo in Slumberland." The film, highly advanced for its time, influenced future animators, including Walt Disney.

Regardless of ongoing legal disputes over rights to Jackson's "Thriller," the library holds a copy submitted in 1984 for copyright purposes and will seek to acquire another for preservation.

<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="https://www.youtube.com/v/SIYIodebQtE&hl=en_GB&fs=1&color1=0x3a3a3a&color2=0x999999"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="https://www.youtube.com/v/SIYIodebQtE&hl=en_GB&fs=1&color1=0x3a3a3a&color2=0x999999" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

Great video !!!

2-33.jpg

Zomby Time.
DSC03218.jpg

DSC03236.jpg

DSC03220.jpg

Is this figure good looking person? And can someone tell me why HT changed the Headsculpt to the smiling one?

According to Leong it's already sent out, but his colleague had forgotten to mail me the tracking number.

I hate to say it but if you bought a figure and paid for it and then they sent it to you its not really there fault so you shouldn't be angry with them. Maybe tell them your willing to pay the postage to send i back to them and they might consider refunding you.
They always send out tracking numbers a few days after sending out the item , never specifying which figure it is and always apologize for doing so as if its a one off mistake. :lol

I just watched the video on the previous page.....to be able to have to MJ's ..the normal and zombie one..you can buy a truetype figure? How awesome, i never knew that. I thought the only way to show them both off..was to buy two figures.

How much is a truebody type figure?

Oh wait, i bet i would need this one, right?

https://www.toys2.net/product.php?productid=20837&cat=123&page=1

Smithers get me the amnesia ray!

You mean the revolver sir?

PRECISELY!!! :naughty

Yeah that one.

Is this figure good looking person?

Well, sure MJ was a good looking person back in the day...

:monkey3

And can someone tell me why HT changed the Headsculpt to the smiling one?

MJ's Estate requested it...

I just watched the video on the previous page.....to be able to have to MJ's ..the normal and zombie one..you can buy a truetype figure? How awesome, i never knew that. I thought the only way to show them both off..was to buy two figures.

How much is a truebody type figure?

Oh wait, i bet i would need this one, right?

https://www.toys2.net/product.php?productid=20837&cat=123&page=1

thats the one..

That's a awesome solution to display both....i am definitely gonna do that. Just not sure if i'm gonna be ordering it from Toys2 again, not that they weren't incredible fast, but the shipping cost and all.

Is there a video or a explanation on how to carefully remove the head from the figure though? I mean..i heard about a hairdryer and pliers and what not...but damn, before i even consider doing that, i need to see how it should be done.

Anyway...

xc3s6t.jpg

2vlr4wl.jpg

fuxvsz.jpg

To remove the head use a hairdryer...
for some reason this heads are particularly hard to remove...
Usually with other HT heads it isn't a big deal...

To remove the head use a hairdryer...
for some reason this heads are particularly hard to remove...
Usually with other HT heads it isn't a big deal...

Ok, and i guess i have to use it on the neck area, right? This somehow softens it up and i can remove it more easily?

Anyway...

I have been on the lookout for the Billie Jean figure which is insanely hard to get as we all know, and if u can get it...the price is even more insane. However, there is a way to 'buy' the figure...just not new in the box. I could purchase a TrueType Body (Caucasian - Slim
Version) , buy the Bilie Jean MJ head from Ebay, and buy the clothes for the figure as well. I checked what the total price was, and it's much much lower than the original price of the figure , let alone what the price of the figure at this moment is.

But i can also get this....

https://cgi.ebay.com/Custom-made-1-...emQQptZLH_DefaultDomain_0?hash=item230440a321

The jacket looks really alike the Hot toys one, the shoes seem different, but the hat is there and the figure is the same.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back